4.0 out of 5 stars At last, a book that caters for my sons allergies
This is a brilliant book in my opinion. My little one is allergic to a whole host of things including Milk, Wheat, Eggs and Barley. These 4 alone make buying foods and even finding recipes, particularly for baked goods, rather difficult.

Published on 27 Aug 2010 by Wigs

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution - not all receipes are allergen free as stated
Published on 19 Nov 2010 by K

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution - not all receipes are allergen free as stated, 19 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Allergy-Free Cookbook for Kids: 150 Recipes That Are Free of the 8 Most Common Allergens (Paperback)
The book clearly states that all recipes are gluten-free and contain NO wheat, eggs, dairy, soy, peanuts, fish, treenuts and shellfish. However, after a quick flick through my copy of the book I have identified two (there may be more) recipes which contain some of these allergens. On page 124 - the recipe for Fettucine Alfredo lists ingredients containing gluten, wheat and dairy and the recipe for Chinese Pork Soup on page 151 lists tamari as an ingredient. Tamari is made from soy (indeed it contains more soy than normal soy sauce).
I am very concerned about errors in this book. This recipe book is designed to help those feeding children with food allergies. Food allergies can cause illness and can even be fatal. People who may be less observant or understand less about food allergies (grandparents/ friends etc) may make these recipes for children with allergies without realising that they could cause them harm.
I will be returning my copy of the book. If you do decide to buy this item then I recommend you read the recipes and check ingredients carefully.

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, a book that caters for my sons allergies, 27 Aug 2010

This book seems to be the answer. Cooked 3 things so far and the recipies are easy to follow and have worked. The tastes are often different to non allergy varieties but when you don't use eggs, wheat, milk or butter in a recipe that's to be expected. But as my little one has never eaten any of them and has for the first time been able to participate in proper cooking he's been more than willing to eat and has enjoyed everything we've done so far.

I love the variety of snacks, cakes, biscuits in this. My only criticism is that there aren't too many main meals but on the whole I've not had much difficulty coming up with allergy friendly variants, its the baked items that have caused the most difficulty to me.

Well worth it and f you shop around on Amazon you can get it for a very reasonable price for the size of the book.

1.0 out of 5 stars This book needs to be re-written, 3 April 2012
There are recipes in this book that contain many of the top allergens that are supposed to be left out of this book. The description of the book is wrong, as there are lots, even in the preview pages on amazon. There is no way that you could trust these recipes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 25 Aug 2011
Do NOT buy this. A lot of the recipes have wheat, dairy, egg etc. A complete waste of money. A lot of these recipes I would say in my opinion are not nutritionally balanced either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Allergy Free Book, 16 April 2013
My grandson is allergic to dairy including eggs. He is also allergic to the soya which replaces milk, and nuts, so this book has been helpful in sorting some recipes for us to use. As yet I haven't had the opportunity to use many of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars allelrgy free kids cook book, 25 Mar 2013
A great help to my daughter who prefers home cooking and has a 18 month old allergic to 5 different foods. Excellent

3.0 out of 5 stars cooking for kids, 26 Feb 2013
With the every growing problems for children and the allergies. This is a good book to have so you can give your children good food without the risks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for cakes and sweets, 17 Oct 2012
I've had this book for about 2 years and have tried many of the recipes (my son is allergic to nuts, dairy, egg, gluten/wheat, legumes, sesame & poppyseed etc). At first I found some of the cakes a little sugary for a youngster but now he is nearly 3 i don't mind a little sugar for him and besides they turn out fine with less sugar anyway. I've also given this book to my sons nursery and they have made several recipes. Based on previous reviewers saying some recipes contain the top allergens, I don't mind because I must always be careful at checking ingredients since my son is allergic to more than the top ones. As with anyone with severe allergies you get used to checking everything first! My son loves the choc-chip cookies as well as the wonder-cake.

ARRAY(0x9d907dc8)