5.0 out of 5 stars The Lighting Bible: Ideas for Every Room in Your Home
The Lighting Bible is a remarkable book, gives you an insight into the "realm of lighting". It stimulates creativity by exploring a large variety of approaches and helps you to develop original ideas advising you on how to exploit lighting in different ways and environments.
Published on 28 Jan. 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dated book
I expected a more up to date book in terms of lighting technologies and images but it is quite dated.
Published 22 months ago by Pamela

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lighting Bible: Ideas for Every Room in Your Home, 28 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Lighting Bible: Ideas for Every Room in Your Home (Spiral-bound)
It's an indispensable tool for interior designers and a stimulating book for anyone willing to transform a house into a piece of art.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lighting Bible, 19 Feb. 2011
An excellent, easy to use book. It helps you to understand the principles of good lighting design and how to apply them. The book has been a great help and it is good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars shedding light, 30 Sept. 2011
As an electrician I found this book to be a real eye opener (no pun intended), there was so much about lighting design that I was not aware of. The tips on how to light different rooms are well thought out and helpful. The technical stuff is good but could have been a little more detailed for my own liking but was still accurate and well preented. This is an eaasy book to use with lots of good quick reference info available. It really made me realise how little is taught to electricains about lighting design and also how poor the lighting design on most new and refurbished properties is.
A must for any sparks out there and a great source book for homeowners and interior designers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and practical, 5 Mar. 2011
JES (London, UK) - See all my reviews
A friend of mine told me that there was a new lighting design book out so I bought it as we are about to refurbish our flat.

On the evening it arrived I had a quick look at it while I was sat next to my husband who was watching TV. I lost count of the number of times I asked him to pause what he was watching so that he could look at the `I love that' pictures!

This book is excellent; it is a perfect combination of inspiration and practicality. I love the way it is laid out, particularly the `do and don't.' part. I am very pleased that my friend told me about it. I would recommend it to anybody.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but, 17 Mar. 2012
This is a good book that has a lot of information and has a ring binding but the book is small 20 cm x 16cm , this in its self isnt a problem but the type is so small I can hardly read it & I am not an old man I am still in my middle 40s

As ever PRINTED IN CHINA ! as an English light designer working in london Lucy Martin should demand her books are printed in England

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant., 13 Jan. 2012
Great book. Lots of information hints and tips in an easy to format with pictures. Great book for those new to lighting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and detailed, 31 Mar. 2013
Nice and clear, gives the basic principles but, unlike a previous book on lighting I have read, gives plenty of detail, e.g. what type and size of bulb, angle of directional spotlight etc to use in each specific situation. Plenty of good ideas and examples. Would recommend it to anyone who, like myself, has wandered round a lighting store getting more and more confused!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighting design to transform your home on a budget, 15 Nov. 2013
Like many other people I've seen house design programmes and pictures and marvelled at how sophisticated they looked with great lighting, never thinking this is something I could actually incorporate without too much expense or expertise in my own home. I've only read through half of it at the moment but it is really making me think about light in my own home in a different way and how I can achieve this. This should be a standard manual in every electrician's training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant Lighting, 1 Oct. 2010
In The Lighting Bible Lucy Martin has created a book of amazing ideas and advise on how a room should look - be it home, office or outdoor space.
Essential for any interior designer and a great book for anyone looking for inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably comprehensive yet easy to read book on lighting, 21 Nov. 2012
Lately I have become very interested in the technical and creative aspects of interior design. I have a thing for beautiful lamps and lights. I wanted to improve my understanding of lighting design options so I could do things properly, creatively and impart my personal touch to my lighting projects.

This book fulfilled all my needs and expectations. It is quite comprehensive and in-depth. It covers a wide variety of lighting options. It starts with basic principles and then steadily focuses on specific options. All concepts are accompanied by beautiful, topical photos that make it much easier to understand the pros and cons of that particular design option.

Highly recommended for an easy, quick and effective introduction to the wonderful world of interior design lighting.

The Lighting Bible: Ideas for Every Room in Your Home
The Lighting Bible: Ideas for Every Room in Your Home by Lucy Martin (Spiral-bound - 1 Sept. 2010)
Used & New from: £53.88