5.0 out of 5 stars Appealing and cute!
When this book arrived, I couldnt wait to see the wonderful designs within, and it didnt disapoint me.
They are sooooo cute, you will want to try them all!
Great instructions on how to make and assemble, although a little crochet knowledge needed overall.
This book had lovely descriptions and accompanying photo's
Very happy with this purchase, and...
Published on 19 Feb 2010 by S. M. Sinclair

3.0 out of 5 stars cute designs, but some patterns incorrect
Published on 28 Nov 2010 by Polkadot

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars cute designs, but some patterns incorrect, 28 Nov 2010
Polkadot (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make (Paperback)
I chose this book as my first Amigurumi book. I loved the pictures of the animals and there were many I was interested in making. However, I agree with another reviewer who said that the patterns do not always match the photographed designs. I have made 4 of the designs. Only one of them was accurate. There were inaccuracies for the patterns of the penguin, the hamster and also for the puppy with the long floppy ears. It is a pity and it does put me off trying to make other designs in the book in case the patterns are not correct.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appealing and cute!, 19 Feb 2010
S. M. Sinclair (Bridgwater, Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make (Paperback)
They are sooooo cute, you will want to try them all!
This book had lovely descriptions and accompanying photo's
Very happy with this purchase, and would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars oh so cute, 22 Jan 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make (Paperback)
Is there anyone who does not like Amigurumi? Even my son goes cool, real cute! If you have not discovered amigurumi yet, or if you are an avid fan - this is a great collection of crochet collectables for you. Instructions are clear - the japanese crochet charts look very confusing. Crochet know-how included. Quick to make, desirable and very cute. Twenty five great animal projects - you'll want them all. I love the monkey the best

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame the first pattern is wrong!, 30 Oct 2010
This review is from: Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make (Paperback)
This book is lovely and I was so excited to get started with the very first pattern. As I was crocheting it it became apparent that they have got the dimensions wrong as clearly the animal in the picture is not the animal I was crocheting. With a few adjustments it turned out ok. (I'm hoping it's not just my crochet skills in question??!!) The book is lovely to look at though but I haven't tried any other patterns yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars "Super Cute", 23 Nov 2010
This review is from: Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make (Paperback)
I would not like to be too harsh on this book as I am not an expert crocheter. However, I did find it really difficult. The penguin did turn out cute but larger than I thought and his flippers larger in proportion to his body Next, the cat turned out to be over6" from ear to tail although I used 4ply yarn instead of the recommended DK.

I had admired these amigurumi creatures and expected them to be really tiny. I think this book should have included measurements of finished product.

The pages about how to make discs and other shapes were very useful and I shall use them for designing beanies and floppy berets.

All in all, the main problem was not being able to see the expected finished sizes.

5.0 out of 5 stars super cute, 28 Feb 2010
Mrs. P. Clapham (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book for anyone who knows a little about crotcheting.Easy patterns and quick,easy results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make (Paperback)
Very cute item and a great seller. Very fast delivery :D
I've only taken up crafts recently but this idea is full of very cute ideas that I'm looking forward to trying :D

4.0 out of 5 stars good except for one thing., 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make (Paperback)
Its an all right book, love the things you can make. The only bad thing about this book is that it tells you to double crochet (dc) everything and if you know what that is and you do as it says it'll turn out wrong. Its actually all in single crochet (sc) and all the illustrations and images show sc stitches so be sure to remember that if you buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Title says it all, 22 Aug 2013
I've just started to get in to crocheting after a kind lady at work taught me to read a pattern.
This is my second amigurumi book and the animals you can make are really cute.
They cover the usual kittens and puppies but also cover the more unusual animals like a bat, rat and a ladybird.
The book is well written and the pictures of the finished animal are at different angles so you can see what your creation should look like.
The patterns are written in the usual abbreviations but also the Japanese way which uses symbols for stitches. I must admit when I saw the symbols my heart sank but was relieved to see that you follow either the abbreviations or the symbols.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make
Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals to Make by Annie Obaachan (Paperback - 1 Jan 2010)