Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 August 2010
I bought this book to help me produce really good looking plates of food for photography. It is proving to be very useful. I like the clear instructions with both pictures and text. Full of lots of good ideas. Most of the techniques are within the capability scope of a hopeless cook like me! Yes a good purchase.
on 23 April 2010
A very useful book for all those who work with food. Presentation is one of the ways to please the guests. This book helps to present nicely our food.
on 9 April 2010
I have bought a couple of books via amazon on the subject of garnishing and plating up food artistically but this one was by far the best. So many ideas to get those cogs working, from basic to damn right flashy. Love it
on 14 January 2011
I have owned or read many books on food presentation and styling. This one is so far the best I have seen. The lay-out and paging of the book makes it really compact and easy for the reader's eye. The instructions are really comprehensive and explain well the step-by-step process of each project, for the average cook. Other books either over-explain (leading to a very mediocre level)or take knowledge and experience for granted, making you feel very amateur. This book is addressed to a normal level of cooking and also includes many techniques- not a huge variey but many of the most important ones. Indeed cooking is not only about taste- this book gives many ideas for everyone to work on a variety of materials (from vegetables to chocolate). I only found the section on edible flowers a bit strange and unnecessary personally.
on 21 October 2010
A really fantastic book for anyone learning how to chef, or for people who love entertaining. It is a masterclass on giving your food the extra wow factour. I'm new to cooking, and would'nt be in a kitchen without this book ever again!
on 25 December 2011
I ordered this for Christmas but was very disappointed with this book..I really wanted "Working the Plate" but this was cheaper and I thought it was good that it listed edible flowers and leaves etc...which it was..but that was all that I found interesting. I found the presentations dull and really out dated..nothing like Masterchef on TV has for instance. In fact I turned back to the first pages to see when it was printed as I really believed I was looking at something from the 70s.
Wouldn't recommend.
on 24 March 2011
I really wanted to find some tips on food presentation so was influenced by the other reviewers and bought this book. I was so disappointed when I flicked through it and really got nothing from it whatsoever. The ideas are old fashioned, some of them are totally over the top and not stylish at all. I would not advise anyone to buy this book.
on 15 January 2013
This is a wonderful book full of great ideas in the presentation of dishes.
No negative observations concerning this book.
It is a great tool for all whom cook as a profession,plus it is easy to carry aroundwhile on buses or subway.
Overall a great book!
on 15 February 2016
Wow, what an amazing book. I am keen cook and like to test myself when making food at home and always strive to achieve the same look and feel that you see on the TV but have never quite been able to get there.

However this book soon turned that around. Just made a 3 course meal during for Valentines day during which time I incorporated a number of the techniques explained in this book and it came out looking amazing. Posted the pictures on social media and was asked by a number of people which restaurant we had gone to so was chuffed to bits.

Great easy to use step by step instructions with photos to match and covers everything from Parmesan baskets to sugar sand. Great addition to the cookbook library and one I would recommend time and time again.
on 25 December 2014
The books pages are filled with informative instructional beautiful ideas, it's image rich, entertaining and inspirational, one all accounts one of the best books out there on brilliant presentation.