5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful
I bought this book to help me produce really good looking plates of food for photography. It is proving to be very useful. I like the clear instructions with both pictures and text. Full of lots of good ideas. Most of the techniques are within the capability scope of a hopeless cook like me! Yes a good purchase.
Published on 15 Aug 2010 by Graham Keegan

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 25 Dec 2011 by J. Charlton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 15 Aug 2010
Graham Keegan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Food Presenting Secrets: Creative Styling Techniques (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting food presenting techniques, 23 April 2010
A very useful book for all those who work with food. Presentation is one of the ways to please the guests. This book helps to present nicely our food.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Inspirational, 9 April 2010
Christopher J. Brown (England) - See all my reviews
I have bought a couple of books via amazon on the subject of garnishing and plating up food artistically but this one was by far the best. So many ideas to get those cogs working, from basic to damn right flashy. Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book if your a chalet chef, new to chefing or just love entertaining!, 21 Oct 2010
A really fantastic book for anyone learning how to chef, or for people who love entertaining. It is a masterclass on giving your food the extra wow factour. I'm new to cooking, and would'nt be in a kitchen without this book ever again!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 Dec 2011
J. Charlton (Vevey Switzerland) - See all my reviews
I ordered this for Christmas but was very disappointed with this book..I really wanted "Working the Plate" but this was cheaper and I thought it was good that it listed edible flowers and leaves etc...which it was..but that was all that I found interesting. I found the presentations dull and really out dated..nothing like Masterchef on TV has for instance. In fact I turned back to the first pages to see when it was printed as I really believed I was looking at something from the 70s.
Wouldn't recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Jan 2011
I have owned or read many books on food presentation and styling. This one is so far the best I have seen. The lay-out and paging of the book makes it really compact and easy for the reader's eye. The instructions are really comprehensive and explain well the step-by-step process of each project, for the average cook. Other books either over-explain (leading to a very mediocre level)or take knowledge and experience for granted, making you feel very amateur. This book is addressed to a normal level of cooking and also includes many techniques- not a huge variey but many of the most important ones. Indeed cooking is not only about taste- this book gives many ideas for everyone to work on a variety of materials (from vegetables to chocolate). I only found the section on edible flowers a bit strange and unnecessary personally.

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, 24 Mar 2011
Bernadette Elliott "brocon" (DUBLIN IRELAND) - See all my reviews
I really wanted to find some tips on food presentation so was influenced by the other reviewers and bought this book. I was so disappointed when I flicked through it and really got nothing from it whatsoever. The ideas are old fashioned, some of them are totally over the top and not stylish at all. I would not advise anyone to buy this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sybil Fawlty, 25 Oct 2013
This was bought for my son a professional chef, assuming (wrongly) since it was bought alongside the Flavor Thesaurus, it would be of an equal standard. Wrong! As was said... "Beautiful thought, but it's the Sybil Fawlty School of the bleedin' obvious for the very hard of thinking"

Seriously, unless you are a complete novice, or just setting out on buffet catering, etc, give this one a miss.

2.0 out of 5 stars There's much better books availible...keep away, 21 Dec 2011
I brought this book nearly 2 years before this review. I looked through it and was very disappointed
as there was nothing new inside to motivate anybody into creating a fantastic looking creation.
I have revisited this publication and still feel the same way.
Do yourself a favour...Keep your money for something more interesting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Styling., 18 May 2010
Ms. R. Dewis (uk) - See all my reviews
This book is more for the entertainer than photogrpapher. However it has some grerat hints, tips and tricks.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Food Presenting Secrets: Creative Styling Techniques
Food Presenting Secrets: Creative Styling Techniques by Cara Hobday (Hardcover - 1 Feb 2010)
10.49