Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 January 2015
I purchased this book for my wife and she loves it, this review is a mix of what she has told me about it and my own thoughts as a neutral buying it as a gift for someone. The book is great for beginners and even intermediates and what my wife loves most about it is you can open it at almost any page and try a spell, you do not have to follow the book through in any kind of sequence. I am not into this kind of thing myslef but I did have a look through and it was full of images, charts and easy to follow spells, it reminded me of the "books for dummies" series but with an added quality about it. I have since picked it up a few more times scanning through pages and wondering "what if" maybe it will convert me to a believer.

The book is full of essential information for creating spells along with detailed recipe lists and alternatives for those items that are harder to find. If you are thinking or purchasing this book as a gift for someone who is obviously into this kind of thing then DO IT they will not be disappointed, my wife wasn't. As a closing note the quality of the book and specially the cover are amazing, the publisher has not scrimped or cut corners when putting this together.
on 16 March 2010
I found it very helpful for a beginner. Might not be good for someone that needs more direction, but great for others that just need to get to know the basic's.
on 4 December 2010
So many spells to preform i love this book it lists loads about different gods as well to cleanse your altar tools and how to cast a circle. This book is amazing loads of different spells, charms etc to choose from.

Blessings D
55 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2013
This book is written great with hints tips spells do's and donts. A great insight for learners beginners even pros. I have read it within 1 day and you can find certain spells easily without going threw the whole book. Overall great book reccomend for anyone who is serious and intrested in this.
on 8 January 2012
I am so happy with this purchase . The book is done so it is easy to look at ( like a personal journal with photo clippings and beautiful pictures and colors) and it is written with the reader in mind. It is detailed , yet easy to understand. One of my favorite books so far with very easy charms and lots of positive affirmations as well. I can only recommend it ! Also it is very suitable for beginners as well. You can skip to parts you are interested in and don't have to read it chapter by chapter.
on 22 February 2014
It has some really good information, but also some poor stuff, so three stars is what this book gets from me. I liked the information section at the front a whole lot more than the spells at the back.
on 30 August 2014
It's by no mean a bible or encyclopedia, but as an aspiring Wicca practitioner, this is a great starting point. Explained the basic area of the belief and how to make a start. A few spells and enchantments three in for good measure, which some work and research is needed from you before confidently casting them. However, if you are interested to find out what Wicca is about or getting a basic understanding of it, this book is for you!
on 17 December 2012
At first I wasn't too sure about this book. Although it has a lovely cover and beautiful illustrations throughout I wasn't expecting it to be so colourful! Perhaps I'm a picture snob as at first I assumed it couldn't contain that much detail. However, I was wrong; this has become my go-to reference guide for formulating spells and rituals. What this book isn't is a history of Wicca or a detailed account of specific rituals or spells. Instead it's choc full of essential information for spellcasting, including colour-coded guides to planets, various pantheons of deities, tools, candles, herbs, altar set-ups, divination tools, astrology, numerology, the magic circle, spell ingredients, different ideas for manifesting/banishing/beauty/love/healing/friendship spells and much more. I've found it very easy to locate whatever it is I'm searching for and the illustrations only aid in confirming my understanding of certain items and correspondences. I particularly like the double page, colour- coordinated Spell Ingredients chart, which lists goals and matching planets, days, deities, zodiac signs, elements, colours, stones, herbs, metals and body parts. The deities section is also very handy with descriptions of various gods and goddesses from pantheons including Teutonic, Celtic, Egyptian, Greek and Roman, Chinese, African and Hindu.

Silverwind includes brief, easy to follow rituals and spells such as casting the circle and consecrating your tools, although they are simply a starting point/reference point rather than offering extensive explanations or fully developed plans. When used as a reference guide to creating and designing your own spells this book is a wonderful tool to use. Full of easy to read charts and tables, it makes for an accessible and quick guide to spellcasting.

Plus, I'm now a huge fan of the use of pictures, illustrations and colour. It definitely helps make certain things easier to remember!
on 19 October 2011
A very interesting and helpful book!
I`d say it is a must for most people interested in spell-making and tool-crafting.
It also gives good information about all you need to know, and some things you don't!
on 2 September 2011
This book seem to be a good all rounder for beginners, covers many topics. Lots of helpful little tips and easy to understand for a beginner like myself.