on 1 October 2009
I found this book very informative as it explains the basics of grip types and how to use them for the correct shots, then approaching each shot using foot movement etc.
If you don't know the scoring system for tennis then this book will teach you everything you need to know about the point system, even tactics on how to score points yourself if you play the game, by using great illustrated diagrams.

It also gives you some history of tennis, from where it came from and to where it is today, the good thing about this subject is they don't drag the subject out before you get too bored. Well done Sue Rich.

I constantly refer to this book either before or after a game, as it really helps me improve my movement and overall game.
on 3 March 2014
Excellent. Pretty much all you need to know. Suitable for intermediate players as well as beginners. Covers all aspects of the game: grips, strokes, tactics, rules etc. 192 pages. Quality paper and robust binding. Small enough to take court-side with you.
on 21 August 2010
I guess I will not be too impartial on this one because Sue is my coach. I am a tennis coach myself and everytime my game goes down I go to see Sue, take an hour and leave playing better than ever. Sue coaches in Cambridge. She works with all the young children turn them into good players and off they go to London for more training. One of her young players was a certain Andy Murray... She is very dedicated to tennis and her coaching is straight to the point & no little talk.
Her book is just like this. Straight to the point and no useless information. If you would like to improve your game without spending too much in coaching just read this book it will give you a smarter approach to the game. As I say "A smarter player is a better player".
on 19 February 2014
this is the complete but practical and good ilustrated book about game of tennis. It is informativ both to newbegyners and experienced players. It covers all aspect of the game. It has many important places which one do not find in similar books f. eks. "Problems with your shots" (possible causes and how to fix the concrete problemes). Chapter about tactics has also good explanations and tips one does not find in simular books. Very good book. It will learn eplayers of all levels something new.
on 11 July 2012
What a book by sue rich, she hits the nail on the head with everything you need to do to improve your game- it doesnt end there! she also SHOWS you(through pictures , of course!) the various stances etc. full illustration also fits in nicely.

For tennis fanatics!!!
on 9 January 2012
As a rekindled player this book has definitely improved my game. I aim to obliterate my regular opponent on a regular basis without revealing my secret weapon. THIS BOOK !
on 28 June 2012
I bought this for my up and coming Tennis Pro, my grandson, he was very pleased with it, very informative.