5.0 out of 5 stars A green light for Michael Recycle!, 24 Sept. 2008
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Paperback)
Good rhyming text tells the story of Michael Recycle, a flying caped crusader with a colander on his head who fights for the green cause and encourages a dirty town of lazy and wasteful people to clean up their act, recycling paper, cans and plastic and so on: as a result the town looks far better. The town depicted consists of colourful houses, and as this book is published on this side of the Atlantic, although there's one discreet use of the word trash, the words rubbish and litter are more obvious. The pictures are fun, populated by bright cheerily-drawn characters with interesting expressions, Michael Recycle is an approachable boy-like character, and the book should appeal to all those parents who approve of the `LazyTown' ethic. With it's simple message, it's perfect for Foundation stage children in particular (2-4) and would sit well on a green classroom shelf with Charlie and Lola's Look After Your Planet and George Saves the World by Jo Readman, all three of which are nicely different despite the same message.

5.0 out of 5 stars great and green, 27 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Hardcover)
This book is fantastic. I bought it looking for a present for my cousin that was original and fun, and she loved it. Apparently it's read every evening and there are already demands to cut down on the rubbish in the house. Buy this book if you want something that's both imaginative and constructive - I really hope this is the first of a long series!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent childrens book, 23 Oct. 2011
Jay Rainbow (bolton england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Paperback)
I bought this book fro my son who showed his class, the school then ordered several of the book. Its such a good story witha moral basis that you want to read it again and again. Michael Recycle is a rhyming story following michael helping people to recycle. Litterbug doug is the companion book and also excellent.
Ive ordered several more for christmas presants

5.0 out of 5 stars captivates the imagination, 8 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Paperback)
my 3 year old and 4 year old sons absolutely love this book and I have to read it every night for their bed time story. It is topical but also features a superhero which every little child can relate to. Since having this book my boys watch me and ask me what I am recycling and tell me off if I forget!!!!!!!!!!! Well done Ellie!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but too expensive, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Paperback)
Great product, very useful in the classroom and the children really loved it. However, I did feel that it was over priced and coupled with packaging it cost me over €20 to get this book to be sent to Ireland. This would make me think twice about buying again from this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and fun!, 14 Jun. 2010
Olivia Fair (South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Paperback)
I bought both Michael Recycle and Litterbug Doug, and they have been a hit with my 3yr old. The writing flows well and the illustrations are colourful, busy and attractive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Paperback)
Great story to complement our superhero topic. My year 2 class loved the pictures as well as the story. Recommend for education or fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Hardcover)
Great book as a story and as a teaching resource. Suitable for KS1 and lower KS2. Can link in lots of recycling themed work around it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Michael recycle, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Hardcover)
The children really liked the book and enjoyed the story. Not really suitable for the 2 year olds but the three and above loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Our green supper hero, 29 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Michael Recycle (Paperback)
My son loves this book. Great qulity and great price. Really good to get kids to understand the world around them.

Michael Recycle
Michael Recycle by Ellie Bethel (Paperback - 30 April 2008)
Used & New from: £4.74