4.0 out of 5 stars Different to the rest
This is a lovely little book. Spiral-bound, so you don't lose your page, with a colour picture of about 90% of the recipes, it's practical and easily laid-out.
Published on 14 May 2009 by Ponytail

3.0 out of 5 stars average
This was returned due to printing errors, pages not cut properly and double printing on some pages, so this does affect my overall review of the book. There are over 80 recipes in the book but then there is also another cupcake book that boasts "over 130 recipes". Like I said in my other review, the number of recipes is not really a selling point for me as I'm looking...
Published on 21 Dec 2009 by Green Book Addict Librarian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Different to the rest, 14 May 2009
Ponytail (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cupcakes: Over 80 Delicious Recipes for All Occasions and Tastes (Spiral-bound)
The recipes are for toppings and cakes, but unlike the other cupcake books I've seen, there are quite a few different 'cake' recipes - i.e. the book doesn't keep referring back to one of three basic recipes for the main cupcake component (although it does provide these too). No, these cupcakes have different bases AND toppings, making the 80 recipes given turn out more like three times as many possibilities - you can use the original recipe, substitute the base, substitute the topping, all sorts of combos.
It's not for the expert baker - there are some more complicated topppings, but the majority could be made by the average person, even a child. However, it was exactly what I was hoping for, and unlike many of the cupcake books on Amazon, it gives imperial and metric measures, not just American cups and sticks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ever Cupcakes!, 2 Feb 2009
JA Sales "Aunty Jo" (Tunbridge Wells, Kent) - See all my reviews
My niece Meg was given this book for Christmas and after trying one of her wonderful creations I was inspired enough to buy the book. It is very user friendly and the pages are spiral bound making it easy to flip through the recipes. The recipes are absolutely delicious (I've had lots of favourable comments from my friends and family) and I am trying to make a different batch each week. Basic cup cake recipes are included as well as different types of toppings making it easy to mix and match with your favourite flavours.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Helpful, 23 May 2009
I love this book, the recipes are really easy to follow. There are loads of different options for cake flavours and a great combination of toppings that compliment the cake. The great thing is that there is something for everyone - different levels of difficulty and options for children and adults. Would definitely recommend this to anyone whatever level whether your a baking beginner or advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars A miracle worker!, 22 Sep 2009
Bought this book after reading the reviews, with the hope that it would cure the rubbish cake syndrome that I seem to have.
Only had it a few weeks but I'm already won over by this book. The cakes seem to always rise and taste amazing - very different from my previous efforts.
Only problem so far is that quantities of icing/topping always seem far more than needed, but have easily adjusted this.
Now I'm addicted to making these cupcakes which my family love, but what to do about our expanding waistlines?

5.0 out of 5 stars Most used cupcake book I own, 20 Aug 2010
Miss Helen Gamblin (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book when I started baking cupcakes and although I now have about 10 different cupcake books this is the one I use the most. The recipes are easy to follow, the spiral binding makes the book stay open where you want it to and all the cakes I've tried have been delicious. I now make up my own toppings and decorations but I still use the basic sponge recipes all the time. A brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous little book with a plethora of delicious recipes, 13 Jun 2010
I love this book. It contains a great variety of lovely cupcake and icing (frosting) recipes. They are all very simple and give excellent results every time. There are old favourites, as well as lots of new and interesting combinations.

As an added bonus the spiral bound format makes the book very easy to use, as it will lie open on your chosen page either on the kitchen surface or on a recipe book holder.

I highly recommend this book to people who want to make yummy, pretty cupcakes, made for eating and enjoying, not just looking at. I have around 10 different cupcake books and this is always the one I end up using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing cupcake book!, 12 Oct 2010
I have to say I am very, very pleased with this little book!

Most of the recipes (which range from nice classic cupcakes through children favourites to some fancy boozy ones for adults) are provided with photos (which to me is quite important as I like seeing what the end result should be, besides it makes the cooking books more colourful). The recipes are very easy to follow too, especially for a "cupcake-beginner" like myself. I've tried quite a few recipes already and I have to say that my friends and family loved the cupcakes I baked, everyone's favourite was vanilla cheesecake cupcake!

I'd highly recommend it, especially for people who are just starting to bake cupcakes or would like to bake something fairly quick and easy. This book has very good basics. As for professionals though, I'm not so sure it'd be very challenging.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cupcake book to date, 8 July 2009
This is the best cupcake book I have bought to date!

it starts with the basic recipes for plain, chocolate etc cakes, then moves on to toppings such as buttercream and then finally moves on to different tastes, ideas and finishes.

Very clear instructions and some unusual recipe ideas, that at the very least will be worth a try, if one once.

A good all round cupcake book that I know I will use over and over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it-you won't regret it!, 28 Jun 2011
This book is absolutely great! Tried out a few recipies and they came out fab. Best cookbook I have in my library for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Over 80 Delicious Recipes for All Occasions and Tastes, 9 Feb 2011
For a beginner like me, this book is very easy to follow and the result is brilliant. Because the book is spiral bound, the page stays open unlike the other book I bought together with this one. I'm glad I bought this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Cupcakes: Over 80 Delicious Recipes for All Occasions and Tastes
Cupcakes: Over 80 Delicious Recipes for All Occasions and Tastes by Sue McMahon (Spiral-bound - 26 Oct 2007)