5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published on 11 April 2007 by Jane Lucca

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for children or young people
Having read earlier reviews, I was under the impression that this was suitable for children through to adults, however this is far too technical and detailed for younger people and I would not recommend it. I bought this for my 10 year old and me but am returning it as it is not suitable.
Published on 6 Oct 2010 by SB

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 April 2007
This review is from: People (How to Draw) (Paperback)
I have taught art for the last 20 years. I teach both 11-18 year olds and adults and bought this book because the most difficult area for beginners is learning to draw the human figure. Few other books manage to help beginners; they usually assume prior knowledge and understanding of the subject, but this book begins with basics, showing and explaining to readers how to look, see, understand shape, negative space, proportion, structure, tone, fabric folds and texture. At any point, readers can stop and either leave their drawings or carry on to extremely detailed finish. The variety of subjects and materials used are also refreshing and with every project, there is an alternative picture for readers to work from and an example of the original drawing in an alternative medium.

I wish I'd had this book when I was learning to draw, or at least over the last 20 years since I've been teaching. Many of my students of all ages and levels have responded brilliantly to this book and have improved speedily and well. I would recommend it to anyone and will certainly buy more books by this author.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for children or young people, 6 Oct 2010
SB (Herefordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: People (How to Draw) (Paperback)

People (How to Draw)
People (How to Draw) by Susie Hodge (Paperback - 1 Aug 2005)
9.27