on 16 October 2013
My grandsons love it but I am not impressed by its efforts to modernise itself. I do not think the inclusion of celebrities adds to its appeal and is sometimes lost on the younger children who enjoy the slapstick and the naughtiness of Dennis but don't recognise these new characters.
on 29 August 2013
A great gift for a young girl or boy hooked on the Beano!I must admit I had a quick look through as well because I've never lost my affection for Dennis!Promptly delivered A+++++++
on 2 January 2014
Beano annual every bit as good as I remember from childhood - now I'm buying for my (5 years old) son and he loves it, with a bit of persuasion even consenting to read the stories with female characters.

I rate this book as excellent value with dozens of stories for the very good amazon price. I rather like the way some of the characters have developed - Dennis is still at war with Walter and his friends, but Walter's behaviour now justifies the response. Previously Dennis was a bit of a bully, but these days he is more likely to be rebelling against Walter's bullying, which is a refreshing change.

In terms of the book itself, the paper could be a little better quality, but the printing is fine and the stories are consistently good throughout - I am reading these at bedtime and I frequently find my son reading the book to himself in the morning when it's time to get up.

A definite recommendation.
on 25 April 2014
I really like the Beano annuals and always buy them as they contain so much material. I never really buy the BEANO magazine, as it is about half the price with about 1/8 of the material if less than in the annual! I really like the introducing page, and without a contents it goes straight onto Dennis and Gnasher. This annual contains in my opinion not as many but longer comics as appose to lots of comics but shorter. I'm not sure which I prefer as I don't really like all the comics and pick and choose a bit! This book also contains board games, revolting rhymes and pranks to try at home. I especially like the Gnasher's howlers page with quite good, I think, dog related jokes. There is the Dennis the meanace TV program now on CBBC so if you only really enjoy Dennis it may be worth just watching the program as that's free. This book also includes the 'Beano Classics' In the middle, with old comics of little Plum, Lord Snooty, Biffo the bear and others, celebrating 75 years of the beano. Overall, a good buy though shop around as now it's after the January rush you should beable to get a pretty good deal, not sure this is the one.
I hope this review helped you, thank you for reading.
on 24 March 2014
I bought this for my dad for his birthday (new years eve), as I have done every year since I was quite young (my mum did it for me then) when he got it, he was disappointed as he knes my gran had decided to buy him the same thing. This wasnt a big deal as I had bought a few things and it meant I could read it. I love the beano, the classics, this just isnt the same, I guess times have changed and they had to keep up....
on 19 August 2013
bought this for my sister and shes very happy with it, good fast delivery and im sure I will be ordering more for xmas
on 15 October 2014
Bought last Christmas for my 7 year old grandson, an avid reader. He read it from cover to cover several times, and 10 months later he still dips into it. 5 stars means I love it, and I love it because he loves it.
on 12 May 2014
I gave this to my grandson for Christmas (he's 6 and just beginning to read well) and he was thrilled with it. He is still dipping into it five months later and enjoys re-reading his favourite stories. I read it with him too and so we both have lots of laughs and enjoy sharing the jokes. Thanks Beano!
VINE VOICEon 9 January 2014
This was a Christmas present for my husband. It arrived in plenty of time and gets five stars purely for the look of joy on his face when he saw it!

The Beano will always be a good present, no matter what age the recipient!
on 7 January 2014
My son devoured this annual and loved it but he said he would like to have had more magazine type activities to do in it such as spot the difference or mazes. Good quality annual and super for the price.