4.0 out of 5 stars NEW ANNUAL WILL RAISE A SMILE, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: The People's Friend - it's a Wonderful Life! (Annuals 2014) (Hardcover)
A new annual from publishers DC Thomson and The People's Friend is set to hit the bookshelves in the run up to Christmas this year.

Raise a smile courtesy of a little snippet of light humour for every single day of 2014 with this `new kid on the block' - `It's a Wonderful Life!'

This bright eye-catching yearbook offers a daily joke, witty quip, or wise observation, along with some humorous cartoons to give you a giggle every day.

It's a book for dipping into and looking back over, as some of the daily offerings are just a sentence long, and even the longest entry will only take a minute or so to digest, so you'll want to re-read again and again, and large clear print will make that effortless.

Like all the other well-love annuals D C Thomson produce, I'm positive this one too is set to be a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Coffee Table Book, 27 Feb 2014
Jean Meyer (Kamo, Whangarei, NZ) - See all my reviews
The book is full of wonderful funny stories and anecdotes, just the thing to cheer a person up when they are a bit down. The book is well presented. I love it .My Scottish parents came to New Zealand in 1920 and I remember my Mother being sent People's Friend from time to time by an Aunt in Scotland: and ever since I learnt to read I have read People's Friend......and that is a very long time ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars People'sFriend wonderful Life, 12 Jan 2014
Mountain Gal (Shropshire England) - See all my reviews
I wanted it for a gift for a friend and it pleased her nothing more to say really!that is all

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful..........., 1 Jan 2014
This book is just a wholesome, refreshing, easy and funny delight. Thankyou I certainly would recommend it to everyone CVB

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Dec 2013
I bought this book for my mum who was reading to us on Christmas Day_ brilliant, cheered her up after her recent knee replacement op. she is 81 and a Peoples Friend fan............

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a Wonderfull Life, 21 Dec 2013
Stanley Parry - See all my reviews
I do not wish to spend my time writing on items. In the main it is something I wish to have & no more

The People's Friend - it's a Wonderful Life! (Annuals 2014)
6.24