5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you will ever want to know about sex... ;-))
I first bought this book when I was a naive, horny sexually uneducated teenager. It was (and in my humble opinion, still is) the best book I could ever have read in order to fill in the many blanks in my eductation.
Published on 9 April 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Hopelessly dated
Published on 15 Mar. 2012 by A.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you will ever want to know about sex... ;-)), 9 April 2001
This review is from: The Joy of Sex (Paperback)
This book runs the sexual gamut from A to Z, filling in the curious on everything from basic social biology, complexhuman interactions, and advice on - gasp! - SEX, and LOVE as well, surprising as it may sound. One note which gets sounded throughout the book is that while sex might be good, very good, great, or reiligiously toe-curling in the orgasm department, it gets even better, and deeper, in the context of a loving relationship. Speaking from personal experience, I can concur that fulfilling sex and love combined are two of the best things in the world - all I need to do is find them again!
Despite having been written many, many years ago, The Joy Of Sex remains as fresh and relevant today as it did when it was first published all those years ago. The sheer universality of this fantastic volume stands out wherever you happen to dipinto it to read, as I still do, although recent reprints have added relevant information in the recent light of HIV and AIDS. The message remains the same, however. That good sex, done safely and consensually, with a loving partner will enhance your life and your love life equally - a goal well worth striving for!
What are you waiting for? Go and buy this book! It's the best book on love and sex I have ever read- what better recommendation can I give?
David.

4.0 out of 5 stars It won't change your life, but it'll make it a lot more fun!, 4 Oct. 2000
This review is from: The Joy of Sex (Paperback)
The joy of sex is a well known book and it's been a favourate of many people for a long time. I first got it as a present from my husband 3 years ago and we've never looked back. With easy to folow diagrams and a frank and refreshingly honest commentry, it provides the perfect bedside companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly accessible ideas for improving your sex life, 11 Mar. 2001
This review is from: The Joy of Sex (Paperback)
The Joy of Sex book provided us with just that! Dr Comfort provides us with a detailed and easy to understand way of enhancing our sexuality and bringing together two people whom love one another. Great tips on pleasuring yourself and your lover and endless suggestions on positions and techniques, which will continue to keep you entertained on many a rainy day or night. We recommend it for everyone, if you are in a relationship then great - share it! If not, then you willl learn to gain the most pleasure from being alone and it will give you great ideas to practise on your next lover!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sex help, 6 Dec. 2010
SJ Welsted "SJ Welsted" (Milton Keynes, Bucks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Joy of Sex (Paperback)
This book help my partner and I to find different ways of having sex without necessarily it being full blown intercourse.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, informative!, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Joy of Sex (Paperback)
Bought this for my daughter, very informative. Its good because i thought if she's too embarrassed to ask me she can get an informative answer. She was a tad embarrassed I bought it for her but she knows she can talk to me anytime. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sex in comfort, 8 Nov. 2010
P. Read (Oxford England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joy of Sex (Paperback)
A good basic primer, does not seem to be dated, still basic techniques need to be learnt & here is an excellent place to start.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hopelessly dated, 15 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Joy of Sex (Paperback)
While I can see how this book might have caused a stir back in 1972, to my modern eyes it seems hopelessly dated and rather dull. Most of the information in the book is of a very basic, nuts-and-bolts kind that most modern readers will already be aware of. It is written in a quite matter-of-fact and unsexy (and at times inappropriately humorous) style which I did not much care for.

The frequent use of terms like "squares" and "straights" and other 60s/70s slang date the book considerably, as do some of the attitudes and opinions expressed. I was a little shocked to find the main piece of advice to women in the section entitled "Rape" was simply "Don't get yourself raped". Overall, I didn't find "The Joy of Sex" to be very exciting or enlightening as a sex manual but I did find it somewhat interesting as a sort of historical item. The best part of the book, in my opinion, is the tasteful illustrations of a joyfully copulating hippie couple.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any person who's in love for the first time, 4 Feb. 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Joy of Sex (Hardcover)
A must read for anyone that wants to please themselves and their partner
Well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars the joy of sex, 18 Oct. 2007
This review is from: The Joy of Sex (Hardcover)
I read this book and found it to answer numerous questions about the health aspects of sexuality and it gave good views on the various types of sexuality in societies. Although, despite it being written by a psychiatrist and the book having been around for thirty years, I found it to be somewhat misleading on its target reader. At some points in the book it is unclear if it is addressing men or women. This is a significant flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Joy of Sex, 4 Jun. 2015
Mr. S. J. Bonham (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Joy of Sex (Paperback)
I had lost my copy of this and am pleased to have a copy

The Joy of Sex [Facsimile of the First Edition 1972]: A Gourmet Guide to Love Making