5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 6 Jun 2014
This book has such a nice feel to it. I love the photos and the recipes are interesting and not very hard to do. I did think that it would have more cake recipes but the ones they have are okay. I have made the following recipes so far, Roasted garlic and lemon thyme chicken - which seems like a variation on a ceased salad, very tasty and easy to do. Warm red rice and chicken which is a nice recipe, which is easy to adapt and I have made a chicken and mushroom version with sundries tomatoes. The lemon curd layer cake was easy to make and had a great light sponge and a really easy recipe for lemon curd, much better than the one I had already. I am going to try the smoked mackerel and fennel , chickpea salad next. I think this book is great if you like deli style food and have the time to make it yourself.
In the back of the book is a list of pantry bits and bobs ..recipes for roasted tomatoes ,peppers and mayonnaise etc..
Also in the book is a chapter on various breads and sandwich fillings, so you can make a great deli sandwich. The front of the book has a page on coffee and the types you can order/ make with a machine. I am pleased with the book and having also lived in New Zealand for a long time recognise the Antipodean influences in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homestyle Cafe, 3 April 2014
In a world where we are surrounded by chain store coffee shops and cafe's it's a breath of fresh air to know that some still have that homestyle feel. Ginger and White is run and owned by a team of friends and family. They built the cafe up from scratch physically and mentally! Besides perfecting a good (the best) cup of coffee, they have a wide range of cafe favorites! From breakfast/brunch treats to lunch and baked goods!

Here are a few of the recipes I can't wait to try!

Roasted Peanut Butter
Roasted Garlic & Lemon Thyme Chicken
Ham Hock Potato Cakes
Mushroom and Tarragon Soup
Coronation Chicken Sandwich
Salt Beef on Sourdough
Savory Muffins: marmite, chedder, and ham and chorizo, black olives, and chilli
Caramel Croissant bread and butter pudding
Lemon Curd layer cake
Gluten-free chocolate mud cake

There is plenty in this book to keep you inspired!! I always try to update once I start cooking from the book and I hope to update soon! I can't wait to get started!

The Ginger & White Cookbook
The Ginger & White Cookbook by Nicholas Scott (Hardcover - 5 Aug 2014)
Used & New from: £5.59