5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book
My husband has either bought these annual books, or in most cases had them bought for him as a Christmas present for many years. He is quite knowlegable about wine and finds these little books really quite handy for reference each year.
Published 21 months ago by HomeSpa

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for wine buffs
You learn a lot about wine from this, but so often my purchases don't feature as I buy mid-priced under-a-tenner wines. Ideal fodder for an e-version where you can enter the wine details and it will look it up for you. ALthough it is good to browse, you learn a lot that way.
Published 18 months ago by Hmmph

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2013 (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique yearly overview of the World Wine Industry, 6 Sep 2012
J. Suyderhoud (ouderkerk aan den ijssel, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2013 (Hardcover)
The 2013 edition of the Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book is again excellent, each year it brings the latest information on the state of art with respect of all better wines made worldwide. If you are a wine lover and want to be kept up to date on the latest developments and vintages, this handy pocket book is certainly a must. The strongest feature is the information on the French and especially the Bordeaux wines, the latter having a special section. Each year has also a different colour supplement at the back of the book, this time on Champagne and other bubbles. Compared to the 2012 edition there are many updates, so for a few pounds you are kept well informed. Read and enjoy this (virtual) wine cellar and keep your earlier editions for reference!
Postscript: The wines of the Netherlands have never been mentioned, but I feel that as the quality has improved considerably in recent years, they also should in future be given a page like Luxembourg (new entry) and England & Wales.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for wine buffs, 6 Jan 2013
Hmmph "Hmmph" (East Midlands UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, works well on Kindle, 9 Nov 2012
Gary White "gwhitegeog" (Fulham, London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Hugh Johnson's pocket wine guide speaks for itself - it's as excellent as ever. What's good about the Kindle version, is that I always have the Kindle with me but would have always carried the book. Many times I wanted to refer to the book but never had it with me! Now I dont have an excuse!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for wine lovers, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2013 (Hardcover)
This is a good book but maybe the wines are unlikely to be drunk by the average person so I wish I has got the supermarket version as this was a gift for someone who are not likely to go abroad to taste the wines

4.0 out of 5 stars iPad wine companion, 8 Nov 2012
Brian England (Guernsey C.I.) - See all my reviews
I have been buying the hard back version of this book for many years, what a pleasant surprise to find an electronic version that I can use on my iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our wine "Bible"., 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2013 (Hardcover)
I have been using the Hugh Johnson's Wine guide for many years. It always come on holiday with us and is invaluable when buying "unknown" wines

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the best wine guide ever, 15 Nov 2013
Pete Hamilton (IRELAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2013 (Hardcover)
Just the best wine guide ever - you don't need anything else. Small but perfect in every detail. And you call carry it in your pocket...

4.0 out of 5 stars Wine lovers, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2013 (Hardcover)
I gave this to male relatives for Christmas and they were all delighted with their present and I note that they are still consulting it

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Presentation, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2013 (Hardcover)
My husband loved the Pocket Wine Book. It arrived just on time before we left on our holidays to Italy. I didn't have the
opportunity to thank and say that we were very pleased to have it!

Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2013
Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2013 by Hugh Johnson (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2012)
11.99