5.0 out of 5 stars Already published
This book has previously been published as seasoned vegeterian. It is a brilliant book but very dissapointing when you are expecting a new publication,
Published on 26 Feb 2012 by Mrs. J. M. Mcgee

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a new book...
I very nearly bought this but when I clicked to look inside I found out it was "The Seasoned Vegetarian" under a different name. You even get the offer underneath to buy them together.
Published on 23 Feb 2012 by Evans

1.0 out of 5 stars Just buy The Seasoned Vegetarian, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: More from the Accidental Vegetarian (Paperback)
My daughter bought this as a Christmas present for me. To say that I was upset, both for her and for me, is putting it mildly. I hope Simon Rimmer did not know what Mitchell Beazley the publishers were doing because if he did, then he can be assured I will never buy another of his books again. I realise that this practice is not illegal, but I think it should be. I have the hardback of The Seasoned Vegetarian and this is an exact replica with even the same page numbers. It has a different cover and it is not until you open the book that you see in VERY small print "previously published as The Seasoned Vegetarian".

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for vegetarians, 19 Feb 2012
This review is from: More from the Accidental Vegetarian (Paperback)
Beautifully presented and written by TV famous chef Simon Rimmer, from 'Something for the Weekend,' this book has it all...apart from photographs accompanying a few of the recipes. Which I hasten to add is my only gripe. I do love to see what the end result is supposed to look like. In a lot of cases the photograph actually encourages me to choose a recipe over one without a photograph.

Rimmer is a 'self-confessed' carnivore who has a passion for producing 'meat free' dishes as he likes to call them.

The book includes one or two local dishes with the 'meat free' twist on things, two of our favourites were the Scouse eggs, which incidentally do need to be eaten warm as Simon recommends and Vegan Lancashire Hot Pot which unless you had made it yourself I'm not sure you would even notice it was lacking in the meat department.

He has included an extrelmely good pudding section at the back of the book which will provide something sweet for everyone, but sadly again a few of the recipes are minus photographs.

A must buy book for anyone who enjoys being in the kitchen and producing something a little different for dinner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 16 April 2014
This review is from: More from the Accidental Vegetarian (Paperback)
This was a present for someone so as such my opinion doesn't really matter but the recipient loved it which is what counts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Ideas, 29 Jan 2014
Julia M. Frank "Julia" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: More from the Accidental Vegetarian (Paperback)
Beautiful, simple but different - easy!! All these things, and using ordinary ingredients - you can easily keep up being a veggie for a month, perhaps convert permanently, and will look for reasons to invite your veggie friends over to show off with these recipies.

5.0 out of 5 stars i am a veggie, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: More from the Accidental Vegetarian (Paperback)
i turned veggie about 10 years ago problems arise when people say oh your a vegeterian do you want some cheese for your dinner so simons books have opened a whole new world for me and my friends and family good hearty foods that satisfy anyone

1.0 out of 5 stars It's the bl*ody same book!, 19 April 2013
This review is from: More from the Accidental Vegetarian (Paperback)
Really misleading, this is the exact same book as the seasoned vegetarian which i already had! Total waste of money :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: More from the Accidental Vegetarian (Paperback)
I got this for my mum , she loved the recipies and the pages are well presented with good images to inspire you !

2.0 out of 5 stars Review from a meat eater!, 10 April 2013
This review is from: More from the Accidental Vegetarian (Paperback)
I bought this book to gain some inspiration for a vegetarian guest who was coming to stay for several days and found it really uninspiring. I am a good cook, perfectly willing and able to try new things but this book did not tick any of those boxes. In the end I borrowed recipes from vegetarian friends and adapted to my guest's diet as appropriate. It is a shame because i had hoped to be able to use this book to incorperate one or two days meat free into my family's diet in the long term - this book will not help that aim.