5.0 out of 5 stars A lasting treasure.
This is one of my most treasured books - not just my favourite recipe book.
I bought my copy as a student, and took it with me from place to place over the years. It was always the book I went to when I wanted to cook something truly wonderful for my friends. The recipes are accessible, adventurous in the best way while still reliably producing great results.
It...
Published on 15 Dec. 2012 by A Person

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down by design
A strange, intriguing title for a book that sets out to intrigue and enchant, showcasing many dishes from the Middle East, North Africa and Mediterranean. Hopefully you will fall under the food's spell and get cooking for yourself.
Firstly, this is not a book for those with tired, middle-aged eyes (or in other words those with not so-perfect sight). The choice of...
Published on 1 Feb. 2013 by I. Darren

5.0 out of 5 stars Just looking at the pictures makes me hungry., 13 Jun. 2011
susie (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
Packed full of mouth-watering recipes and beautiful pictures, the instructions on how to make "Bulgar Wheat and Spinach Pilaf with Labneh and Chilli Tomatoes" is worth the cover price alone. This is the salad I make if a friend asks me for a contribution to a picnic or barbecue. It looks beautiful, improves with being made a day in advance and is always the subject of many compliments.

This is the book I turn to for inspiration and although not all of the ingredients are easily come by, it is usually worth the effort for a special occasion. I can highly recommend the Greek Lamb and Middle Eastern Orange Cake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, lovely, lovely, 28 Mar. 2012
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Crazy Water, Pickled Lemons: Enchanting dishes from the Middle East, Mediterranean and North Africa (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I adore this kind of cookbook - not too pretentious, not too complicated but full of lovely, mouth watering recipes that make me want to run to the shops for ingredients. I have a relatively new love affair of food from this region and have become addicted to the sweet, salty, fruity tastes of Persian cookery. I am delighted with this cookbook as my only other similar book about Tagines is getting a bit limited now.

5.0 out of 5 stars middle east cookery, 2 Nov. 2010
Mr. Roy Tomkinson (wales-uk) - See all my reviews
I first discovered this book in a friends kitchen and found its title interesting. My friend had found this book to contain many wonderful recipes and it does, ranging from the arab world via morrocco to greece spain and portugal.Spicy food ar its best, using easily obtained ingredients and easily followed recipes.Highly reccommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Feast..., 8 Oct. 2002
fiona thompson (Londpn United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am not a keen cook, but I do love food, and I am evangelical in my praise for this inspiring, beautifully written book. I devoured it in one sitting - and then went away and tried the recipes, all of which have been delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a great book, 10 Sept. 2010
Not only a brilliant book for filling that sparcely done place between Italian and Middle Eastern cookery, its just a great book in itself. Do buy it - for the recipes, but also the ideas it sparks off

5.0 out of 5 stars A cook book for discerning cooks., 12 Jan. 2010
This book hit every button for a friend who has a comprehensive library of cook books. Intelligently written, great narratives around the recipes. Just a brilliant read with fantastic recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars So inspiring, 7 Jan. 2010
This is a book I turn to again and again for inspiration. I love the flavours of this region and I love Diana Henry's interpretations, writing and recipes. Beautiful pictures that are so evocative too. Buy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not written is a style I like. I like ring bound cookbooks with picture and ..., 14 Oct. 2014
Not written is a style I like. I like ring bound cookbooks with picture and tidy list of ingredients. Too chatty.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 1 July 2013
OK simply that. There are better books on the subject e.g. Roden, Hartounian etc. etc. ets. Nice illustrations but I bought it to enlarge my knowledge of middle eastern and fusion and it did not achieve this for me.

Used & New from: £30.68