5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible, Unfussy Recipes - Everyday Cooking!
Another stunning book by Diana Henry. Based around simple ingredients and some store cupboard essentials, Diana has created a book which allows you to easily create something delicious. Recipes aren't long winded or complicated - they are equally suitable for a dinner party of a mid week dinner. All the recipes I've tried have turned out beautifully - and I've repeated...
Published on 31 Aug 2008 by Pompom

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use
It was a mistake to buy this as the Kindle edition. Although the recipes look great there is no way of navigating through the book other than by going through all the recipes one by one. I had thought that having a cookery book on my tablet might be very convenient but it will be a great disappointment.I may invest in the traditional book as the recipes do look good.
Published 7 months ago by MJH

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Diana Henry gem, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Cook Simple: Effortless cooking every day (Paperback)
Diana Henry has a passion for food that is conspicuous in every recipe in this book. And, for that matter, in all her books. My first encounter with her recipes came in the form of "Crazy Water, Pickled Lemons"

I have made a number of the recipes from Cook Simple and the combination of ingredients in dishes such as Pacific Lime Chicken balance beautifully.So too Fettucicine with Goat-Cheese, Pesto and Roast Tomatoes.

There are so many wonderful treats to be had from this book that you would be missing out if you did not discover them for yourself.

I would highly recommend it as an important addition to anyones collection

5.0 out of 5 stars A feast, 6 Aug 2010
Somehow this book always hits the spot. I defy anyone to browse through the glorious photographs and not head straight for the cooker. I'm no chef, as the dog will testify, but thanks to this book with well presented recipe and familiar ingredients, meals are a real pleasure to prepare. If you know anyone who likes good, honest, tasty food but is a bit nervous of cooking (as I was) this is the book to enthuse them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and interesting, 7 July 2010
L. Beekar (Abingdon, Oxon) - See all my reviews
A really good book for ideas for everyday meals and having friends round. I like the fact that it is put into food sections i.e chicken, lamb, sausages and then gives you alternatives for cooking these items. I have tried a couple of the recipes so far and really liked the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars First class book brimming with workable tasty recipes...., 10 April 2008
F. Draper "paperbackmaniac" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I am addicted to cookery books and recently have been culling those that I have not used recently, not used at all or have used and the recipes have not worked at all. I have also made a decision not to buy any more until I have been through all the books I have got to make sure that I have not missed any really good everyday recipes - I have loads of time consuming and worthy dinner party recipes but to find a recipe for every day that is tasty, easy and practical is not so easy. However Diana Henry's book ticks all the boxes and this book now is a prime example of a well used & well loved "scratch and sniff" cookery book. All the recipes work, they are not complicated and can easily be made after a day's work. Please try the drunken potatoes they are worth the price of the book on their own! Well done for putting such a great book together -
highly recommended. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars An early Diana Henry cook book, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Cook Simple: Effortless cooking every day (Paperback)
I have many of Diana Henry's cook books and many of her recipes are absolute family favourites. I noticed this title when placing an order on Amazon for her new book A Change of Appetite, and realized that I needed to add this early book to my collection. It does not disappoint and has already helped me to create some new delicious dishes and there are many more that I can't wait to try out. Thank you Diana, once again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous recipes but no index!, 26 Oct 2013
After reading my sister's paper edition of this book I decided to buy the Kindle version. Unfortunately this has no index for specific recipes and it is very irritating to have to scroll through each category separately to find a particular one. Maybe this is a mistake as it is also not possible to click on the Table of Contents on the menu as this is greyed out! A minor nuisance perhaps as one can always scroll back to the beginning of the book but it should not be like this. However, Diana Henry's recipes are wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Sep 2013
I was attracted to this because it has simple in the title and promises effortless cooking every day. And there isn't a single recipe that requires complicated techniques or unobtainable ingredients. I like that it is split into seasonal sections too. A really lovely book which I may consider buying in hard copy so that my children can learn from it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lovely book, 19 Sep 2013
A. J. Meier "stitchedinholland" (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
I am a confident and experienced cook - for my sins I've been cooking for a family for the past 20 years - and there are very few books amongst my collection that are as useful as this book. I have made four dishes from the book so far to rave reviews from the family and I'm sure that I'll make many more. Heartily recommended. I didn't like that the Kindle edition does not have any page numbers or an index but I'm glad I bought it anyway. I'll go on to buy the paperback edition now.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic easy recipes, 8 Sep 2013
I've never done a review before but this book is great. Apart from the dessert and cake recipes (I don't do sweet) you can count on one hand the recipes I don't want to try. Only bought it because it was cheap but had it been full price and I had seen it first I definitely would have paid. Am going to get a hard copy for my collection I love it so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and simple, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cook Simple: Effortless cooking every day (Paperback)
Easy and delicious, inspired meals, using everyday ingredients with some more unusual ones to add a little something extra.

I have already cooked half a dozen things from this book and they are all destined to become regulars. Easy after work dinners that don't skimp on taste but leave you with time to enjoy the rest of your evening.

I particularly enjoyed vine growers sausages and the chicken with chorizo and rice. I have planned my weekly menu around trying others as soon as possible.

Cook Simple: Effortless cooking every day
Cook Simple: Effortless cooking every day by Diana Henry (Paperback - 2 Aug 2010)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available