5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!
This book has it all. The most gorgeous photography and incredible recipes. My children bought it for me for my birthday and I couldn't be more thrilled. The author has a lovely, friendly style too and the bakewell tart I made from here is the best ever. A gorgeous book and a perfect gift to give or receive.
Published on 24 Sept. 2010 by Angie Garner

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pictures, Disappointing recipes!
I'm an accomplished cook and have tried some of eric's recipes. I always follow the recipe exactly during the first trial and I have to say that I'm very disappointed with the results.

The 'flour free orange and lavender cake' has without doubt not been tested by eric's team for the home kitchen.
Not only is it far too sweet, it also doesn't fit the size...
Published on 17 Oct. 2011 by Azais

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB/STUNNING, 15 Jun. 2012
Mrs. Ca Daniels "porchas1" (NORFOLK , ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home Bake: Cakes, muffins, tarts, cheesecakes, brownies and puddings, with foolproof tips from Master Pātissier (Hardcover)
AS A PERSON WHO HAS MANY MANY COOKERY BOOKS THIS BOOK IS ABSOLTELY STUNNING..THE RECIPES AND METHODS ARE BRILLIANT.. I WOULD CERTAINLY RECOMMEND THIS AS A GREAT ADDITION FOR THE "HOME COOK" I DID WATCH ERIC'S TV PROGRAMME AND PRINTED A LOT OF HIS RECIPES, BUT, TO HAVE ALL THESE RECIPES IN ONE BOOK INSTEAD OF BITS OF PAPER WAS A REALLY GOOD MOVE., FREE POSTAGE TOO. TRY THE LEMON MERINGUE CUP CAKES THEY ARE GEORGEOUS, TASTE DELICIOUS, EASY TO MAKE AND ARE REALLY IMPRESSIVE.. THIS BOOK WOULD MAKE A PERFECT PRESENT FOR ANYONE WHO LOVES BAKING. A WELL DESERVED 5 STARS MR LANLARD..

3.0 out of 5 stars His home is more glamorous than mine. So is Elizabeth Hurley's., 21 Mar. 2011
Caterina (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Obviously a lot of people like this book very much. I bought it a few weeks ago and normally I wouldn't review it - as I haven't used it once. But it strikes me that in fact that is a perfectly valid aspect of a review - I bake a lot, but I haven't used it once.

It looks very pretty (though I found the photographs of the "method" strangely random and unhelpful).There are sections on sponge cakes, tarts, meringues, muffins and cupcakes, tray bakes, festive recipes, cheesecakes, puddings, pastries and biscuits. The illustrations of luscious baked goods are delightful. Cakes shimmer. Muffins ooze.

It is difficult to put my finger on why I haven't used it. I was certainly keen to get it after reading a review of it on the bakerybits website. But my heart rather sank when it arrived and I saw that it had a celebrity endorsement from Elizabeth Hurley on the front. (Does she look like a cake fiend to you?) It sank further when I kept on reading about "my cafe-patisserie Cake Boy" in the introduction to far too many of the recipes. (I haven't seen any of Eric Lanlard's television shows so don't know is this is par for the course for him.)

I subsequently bought the River Cottage cake handbook and have used that a lot. There's a vast difference between the two books - the River Cottage book is less pretty, the cakes more solid and earthy and less exquisitely decorated, and with a lot more information on adaptable techniques and storage time etc. And certainly no quotes from Elizabeth Hurley on the cover.

I suspect that if you are one of those people who has the patience and skill (and time) to produce beautifully decorated, fashionable cupcakes, you'll get a lot out of this book. Or if you enjoy reading cake books rather than baking from them (a perfectly legitimate and indeed very slimming approach) you'll enjoy it. But if your intention is to bake regularly, for your family cake tin, for hungry cake-eaters, then I would advise at least looking at this in a bookshop before you order. It may languish on your bookshelf,as it does on mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Home Bake, 1 Mar. 2011
This book is fantastic. My husband and I watched Eric Lanlard's baking programme last year on TV and some of the things he made looked sensational. When I realised he'd finished this latest book I honestly thought the things he would be making would be far too 'highbrow' for me to cook, and they're not. I love the way many books like this have available the 'look inside' part; it DOES really work and I would hope that any more publishers would follow suit. It's certainly a good advertising method and it certainly made me buy it. I've baked many things from it and it's full of good tips too. The only bad thing is - it's no good for anyone thinking of going on a diet!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant cookbook, 8 April 2013
Love this cookbook, the recipes I have tested out from this book have all worked brilliantly, instructions are clear and they taste great. Recipes tested out by me that replaced previous recipes used so far are buttercream frosting, cream cheese frosting, Swiss meringue, cake boy chocolate sponge, carrot cake, warm Belgium chocolate tart, chocolate chip cookies. Will definitely be trying out more recipes soon and will be buying another one of his cookbooks. Would recommend this book to anyone who loves to bake.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 10 Mar. 2014
I watch Eric's show on the Food Network channel , which i found it brilliant , but i expect more photos specially for baking things.
I mean when you read the recipes it seems very easy and the ingredients list is short but to me the picture is really important when i bake.
hope his next book will be with lots of photos.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but recipes can fail., 2 Jan. 2014
I loved the look of this book so decided it would be a handy addition to my kindle. However, I was very disappointed by the chocolate cheese cake recipe. I decided to bake it for my Christmas dessert which I now regret. I have been baking for 20 years and have baked cheesecakes many times in the past and they've always been amazing. This looked great in the book but in practice it was nowhere near sweet enough and far too dense, it ended up as a bitter chocolate cheesecake and nobody liked it. I did think as I was cooking it that 75g was too little sugar and wish I'd trusted my instincts and put in more. Also, I should've trusted my instincts about letting it cool in the oven with the door closed. Of course it was going to cook more if I did that! I will try another recipe from this book at some point but based on that one I am unimpressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great, 15 Jan. 2013
I was reading this book like a novel. It has beautiful pictures, and also a few recipes step by step. Recipes are jummy and i think easy do make. They have readily available ingredients, everyone can do them. If you looking for a book with home baking this is for you. I highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, 16 Mar. 2011
R. Pan "mereblue" (Australia) - See all my reviews
I love that almost every recipe comes with a picture and also step by step how to (in pictures) for some of the recipes. The recipes are great, some are more fancy for special occasions but others are easy to whip up in no time at all. I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars home bake by Eric Lanlard, 5 July 2011
Saw the authors TV show and decided to get the book,

The book is beautifully presented and the instructions easy to follow,

it is written in simple terms, and I am pleased to say have made the chocolate sponge cake,

for birthday cake which was a hugh success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Delicious!!!, 14 Nov. 2011
I had unfortunately missed Eric's Glamour puds series but thoroughly enjoyed Baking Mad.
When I saw this book I didn't think twice about buying it and I have not been disappointed. Every recipe I have made has been delicious and I cannot wait to try the next one.