5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy
Published on 14 July 2009 by Sarah Evans

1.0 out of 5 stars What to Eat Now - More Please!
Having watched and thoroughly enjoyed the TV series I was more than disappointed by this book, most of all the lack of many of the recipes featured in the programme. When you read the recipes in the book the amount of ingredients required to re-create what is featured in the programme is all a bit unrealistic.
Published on 28 Aug 2009 by Rosina

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 14 July 2009
Sarah Evans (Winchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What to Eat Now: Spring & Summer: Spring and Summer (Hardcover)
I bought this book after watching the show last week and I'm so glad I did because it's jam packed with delicious recipes. And so far all the recipes on the TV have been in the book which is great news. I must say that reading this book has already changed the way I shop and cook. I've always cooked healthily (I actually like to eat my greens) but now I look much more closely at where things come from. Last night I was in the supermarket and saw that the asparagus I was about to buy was from Peru whereas the broad beans were from just up the road, AND they were cheaper, so I bought those instead and had a delicious meal using a recipe from the book (a simple salad of broad beans and ham, it was fab). I'm really looking forward to trying some more recipes, the scones look amazing, as does the summer pudding. And this weekend I'm going to cook the orangey honeybuns that were on TV last night - the recipe looks pretty straightforward. Sorry to go on, I got carried away. Anyway, I recommend this book to you, it's all the joy of Summer in one place. I only wish Valentine came free with each copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Valentine!, 29 July 2009
I bought this book after watching Valentines brilliant BBC 2 programme. He is both extremely watchable and in our household a very welcome addition to the TV chef world!. His enthusiasm is clear for all to see and we love the focus on seasonal british, food. He has supplied great ideas for some of our home grown produce, such as the salads, and we are eagerly awaiting the british summer to be kind to try some of the BBQ tips....

5.0 out of 5 stars He's my Valentine!, 22 July 2009
I love this book and the first 'What to Eat Now'. Val is hilarious, I love him on TV. He has such a brilliant enthusiasm for food and such a refreshing style - no arrogant swearyness like some chefs - his love of eating is infectious. The recipies are fabulous and really easy - and most importantly really delicious! I am a bit of a cook book addict and have hundreds sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust as inevitably I only use a few. This is my favourite of the moment and I can't wait for the next one to take me into Winter!

4.0 out of 5 stars A superb and novel cook book, 21 Aug 2009
I particularly liked the mixture of old and new reipes. The blackcurrant cream was a delight, I remember making something similar in the 70's. I also appreciated the quick sauces to go with the barbequed meats. Obviously I haven't tried all the dishes yet and some of the ingrients will be well nigh impossible to obtain in our area e.g. grouse. Having watched the television series, I was disappointed that there was not a section about foraging for wild herbs and salads, and I would also have liked the recipes for using leftovers, but Valentine Warner is an exciting addition to my cook book library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 2 Aug 2009
I love the series and the book. Sometimes the ingredients are a little tricky to get hold of, especially the wild herbs or wonderfully fresh octopus! But on the whole the recipes are simple, easy to follow and delicious!

1.0 out of 5 stars What to Eat Now - More Please!, 28 Aug 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars simple & scrummy, 5 Dec 2009
A lovely mixture of down to earth and scrumptious food, Valentine Warner's writing is so good that the book is an entertainment in itself, a real pleasure to read, nicely and slightly off the wall, very good news. He does, however, have quite a passion for chilli, various sorts indeed, and I am not a fan at all - however it's a measure of just how much I enjoy the book that I've already bought 3 for friends. And the original one, How to Eat is every bit as good in content, (I've bought 3 too)the writing maybe even better as brand new and fresh....but both are really a delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars What to Eat Now More Please: Spring and Summer, 17 Sep 2009
This book was well written, and the instructons were very clear and easy to follow, I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars What to eat now, more please, 7 Sep 2009
Really lovely book with very tempting recipes. I can't wait for my new kitchen to be installed to try them out. Thank you Valentine, you have inspire me and got me wanting to cook again! Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars The antidote to 'F' chefs, 31 Oct 2009
J. E. Lee "In Focus" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
A great book. No pretention, no frills but excellent ideas/recipes and they don't disappoint. Thank goodness for Valentine Warner - he seems so very normal and enthusiastic for all the right reasons. This book is every bit as good as "What to Eat Now". Thankyou Mr Warner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb62e5f9c)

What to Eat Now: Spring & Summer: Spring and Summer
What to Eat Now: Spring & Summer: Spring and Summer by Valentine Warner (Hardcover - 29 Jun 2009)
Used & New from: 0.01