5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Fantastic, Delicious... My favourite cookbook by a mile!
I've owned this book for a while and there are so many things that I cook time and time again. The Fennel Flatbreads are a brilliant accompaniment to any spicy meal. I have cooked the peppered mushroom and stilton pie at countless dinner parties. And last night I cooked the Root Vegetable and Goats Cheese Hash - a recipe I had previously over looked, that was a mistake...
Published on 20 Aug. 2010 by Special

3.0 out of 5 stars Pictures
More pictures of the dishes would be nice. I miss the visual effect of the result of the recipes. Other than that, very good ideas for when you don't know what to do.
Published 9 months ago by P.Alves

4.0 out of 5 stars massive hits and misses, 1 May 2012
This review is from: The Seasoned Vegetarian (Hardcover)
I made the dill and basil omlette with red peppers again for tea last night and although fattening, it's GORGEOUS!!!!! You add grated cheese to cream and eggs, add the herbs and season. Meanwhile, you bake red peppers in the oven painted with olive oil until the skin is charred to make it easier to remove. When everything is ready you cut the omlette and the peppers into triangles and pile them up to serve.
This must be a popular meal because I notice Simon put in in a magazine this month.

The misses by the way include a soup that was VILE I think it was bean and sherry vinegar with olive oil. It was so gross we had to throw it away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook ever, 14 July 2014
E. Day (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Seasoned Vegetarian (Hardcover)
This is my favourite cookbook ever! I've had it for years and every time I want to make something special I can always rely on just picking any recipe and it being fabulous. My mouth waters just thinking about some of the great recipes. I've done a lot of the recipes in the book and they're all brilliantly written and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook ever!, 16 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Seasoned Vegetarian (Hardcover)
This book is amazing! All the recipes are quite simple, with easy to find ingredients but everything tastes fantastic. It has pretty much replaced every other cookbook that I own. Its not just your usual run of the mill "veggie cuisine" but has innovative recipes that have satisfied my carnivorous mates too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good food, 11 Feb. 2012
J. Remington "cake maker" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Seasoned Vegetarian (Hardcover)
Bought this book for my son and his girlfriend who decided to have a meat free month. Tried one of the recipes whilst staying with me and it was a total success. They have returned to meat but eating veggie at least twice a week so this book is a great help.

4.0 out of 5 stars You won't miss the meat, 9 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Seasoned Vegetarian (Hardcover)
As Simon Rimmer's recipes are on Something For the Weekend, this book is packed with imaginative ideas that are suprisingly easy to do.

Don't tell your guests that it is a vegetarian meal - they won't miss the meat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, bags of taste, 2 Feb. 2010
This review is from: The Seasoned Vegetarian (Hardcover)
This is a great book. The recipes are well laid out and the results are very tasty. As a non-vegtarian, I bought this book to use when entertaining vegetarian friends, but I now use it regularly for carnivores too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pictures, 23 Jun. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Veggies will love this, 4 Feb. 2011
Mrs. C. Allen-bullock (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Seasoned Vegetarian (Hardcover)
I bought both books and well pleased I did they are super tried several out and they work and taste fantastic . Excellent value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Over use of Parmesan which isn't Vegetarian!, 5 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Seasoned Vegetarian (Hardcover)
I got this book for Christmas, and was a little disappointed that so many of his recipes use Parmesan cheese, even though it is not vegetarian.
Many recipe books make this mistake, but Simon's recipes seem to use it in abundance. Fresh Vegetarian alternatives are quite hard to get hold of and expensive when you can find them, and the dried vegetarian alternatives just don't work in the same way.

Please bear this in mind when cooking from this book for vegetarian guests!!

That said, the recipes that don't contain calf rennet cheeses do look good!

5.0 out of 5 stars user friendly, 26 May 2010
This review is from: The Seasoned Vegetarian (Hardcover)
this must be one of the most user friendly cookbooks i've ever bought. it is beautifully illustrated and written in a chatty informative style which gives me the confidence in attempting new things.
i will be buying his other books

The Seasoned Vegetarian
The Seasoned Vegetarian by Simon Rimmer (Hardcover - 2 Feb. 2009)
Used & New from: £2.79