5.0 out of 5 stars Cooks Country, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: Cooks Country: Modern British Rural Cooking (Hardcover)
Matts cook book is different from the usual books. He has different receipe's to the normal cook book. Having tried a few of them. They were tasty and turned out exactly how the book stated. This is worth having.

5.0 out of 5 stars cooks country, 3 Nov 2008
This review is from: Cooks Country: Modern British Rural Cooking (Hardcover)
Really enjoying this book. Some great recipes - very earthy and tasty, with interesting ingredients. Particularly like the photography and the overall feel of the book. I live in Monmouthshire and I recognise a lot of the local area and great scenery.

Am liking the bits on wild foods and local suppliers too. This shows a different side to Matt from his Tv presenting...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 25 April 2014
Mrs. P. M. Davies "nannie" (S Wales uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooks Country: Modern British Rural Cooking (Hardcover)
Been to his retaurant/ pub enjoyed the food so bought the book. Have tried two or three recipes. Excellent recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, great food, great people, 8 Oct 2012
This review is from: Cooks Country: Modern British Rural Cooking (Hardcover)
I've had the pleasure of eating at Matt's restaurant, The Foxhunter, on a number of occasions, and I took this book away with me after my first visit. Matt champions the use of seasonal produce, and this book is set out to take full advantage of what is in season at any particular time.

The overall look shows his genuine passion for his family & his craft - the pictures of the area in Monmouthshire, the food & his family are all delightfully natural & unstaged. The notes with each recipe add a personal touch & shows that the dishes are not made up just for the book, but are used by him at home and in the restaurant.

Buy the book & try the recipes, then go and meet the man & have an amazing time in The Foxhunter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great food!, 17 Feb 2009
Mark Lewis "mjl cardiff" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooks Country: Modern British Rural Cooking (Hardcover)
We recently had dinner at the Foxhunter and bought a copy of the book whilst there. We enjoyed amazing food and were lucky enough to have Matt sign the book personally for us. The book is full of wonderful recipies that we look forward to exploring in the months to come. The recipies are surrounded by beautiful photographs of the Usk and Wye valleys that we know well as we live close by. We will be returning to the Foxhunter soon but in the meantime we will enjoy some of Matt's food at home but we will admit not cooked to such a high standard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the normal TV chef...., 5 Mar 2010
Mr. Br Heath - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooks Country: Modern British Rural Cooking (Hardcover)
What a pleasant surprise, Imaginitive, interesting but very satisfying recopes. Easy to follow & nice witty writing style.

Cooks Country: Modern British Rural Cooking
Cooks Country: Modern British Rural Cooking by Matt Tebbutt (Hardcover - 13 Oct 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01