5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
The book is better than the accompanying TV series. Well written and illustrated. The advice given is essential for those just starting out and even those who have been dabbling for a while. It puts in sinple terms how, where and when to plant, how to look after, when and how to harvest and even gives some examples of how each veg in the book can be eaten or cooked...
Published on 27 Jan. 2007 by Stu Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not clear enough
When I first flicked through the book I saw how clearly it was laid out, and a cursory read made me feel that it was heading in the right direction for me as a newcomer to gardening and growing vegetables.
Unfortunately the simplicity stretched to not having enough detail on how to really look after things (eg what do you do if your tomatoes aren't setting) once they...
Published on 13 Jun. 2009 by GardenNovice

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Grow Your Own Veg, 18 May 2011
This review is from: RHS Grow Your Own: Veg (Royal Horticultural Society Grow Your Own) (Hardcover)
I'm very new to gardening and I've never grown anything in my life! Great tips and easy to follow. Will hopefully have my own veg patch very soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grow Your Own Veg, 27 April 2011
I learned to garden from a book in my twenties and now in my fifties decided to buy this book simply because I just love to watch Carol Klein on TV. Her approach is uncomplicated as is this book. It really gives you all the information you really need without going into too much science and the recommended varieties, hints and tips really do work. I love this book and so much so, that I bought another for my niece and her husband to start growing their own veg too and it certainly got them motivated into doing just that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Simple Guide!, 27 Feb. 2011
A new house, with a fabulous garden & beckoning empty vegetable plot forced this purchase... Having looked at some of the other veg gardening books out there, this one seemed the most comprehensive without running the risk of alienating us by being too complicated.
I am pleased to say (one year since starting to grow veg as complete newbies), we have now grown some fabulous vegetables with this book's guidance.
A pleasing & informative read that gets the balance between pictures & info just about right!
We have amassed quite a few veg books now, althouigh this is the one we usually reach for first (which says it all, really)!

4.0 out of 5 stars The gardeners friend, 30 Nov. 2010
The purchase is a Christmas present for my brother-in-law who
has acquired a small vegetable plot in a new house he has moved
into so I will have to await his review on this product.
Ian Coulson.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to follow, 2 Sept. 2010
I had previously been lent a copy of this book so I knew what to expect. As a newbie to veggie growing I find the terminology simple and easy to understand and the pictures also help. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice, 31 May 2010
C. Entwistle - See all my reviews
I had bought this book previously to seek advice for planning what and how to grow my own vegetables and have found the information provided invaluable. I have therefore bought another for a friends birthday

5.0 out of 5 stars From sewing to the plate, 24 Aug. 2014
M. Bayliss "Dragonus" (England) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent book which covers all aspects of vegetable growing from sowing to the plate. The first couple of chapters explain setting up your vegetable plot, then a section on pests etc. the remainder is devoted to the various vegetables that you are likely to grow. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous easy read, 23 April 2009
Ms. Ec Hills "le1979" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I love this book. I have read so many gardening books and found this the easiest to follow. It has clear, concise chapters and is easy to follow. I frequently dip in and out for helpful hints and would recommend this to anyone interested in vegetable growing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for those new to growing vegetables, 22 July 2014
A great book for those new to growing vegetables. Carol Klein's style is clear and concise, the writing style also shows her enthusiasm for the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 20 Oct. 2014
Swift delivery at a good price. More emphasise on pictures than actual guidance. Good for a beginner.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

RHS Grow Your Own: Veg (Royal Horticultural Society Grow Your Own)