Published on 27 Nov 2007 by Katrin Binder

3.0 out of 5 stars reader choice or reader confusion?
Published on 11 Aug 2008 by Tami G

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent to prepare for a wonderfully focussed birth experience, 27 Nov 2007
This review is from: Breathe Your Way Through Birth with Yoga (Paperback)
This book contains some very basic yoga exercises (great if you are new to yoga or for the last weeks of pregnancy, or if you have physical problems preventing you from doing a fuller programme) that are very safe and extremely helpful in maintaining flexibility and especially focus. The main emphasis of the book is - as the title says - on breathing techniques for birth. Although I wasn`t new to yoga, I found the book extremely helpful in guiding me through breathing exercises which helped me prepare for giving birth, and the suggestions for postures during the different stages of labour were also very helpful.Eventually, I gave birth relying on my breath (I used sound and number breath for the most part) without any painrelief and remained so focussed that even the midwives were amazed. Thanks to the breathing techniques acquired through Julie's book, I felt in control and was able to relax between contractions. Now my baby and I enjoy the simple movements and positions for mother and baby provided at the end of the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars reader choice or reader confusion?, 11 Aug 2008
This review is from: Breathe Your Way Through Birth with Yoga (Paperback)
This book looks great and outlines some really useful exercises that are fairly easy to follow and practice. It has a contemporary, simple design, and is well photographed with lots of options for the reader. For example, there's a long list of breathing techniques for the reader to choose from, all well described, so that you can choose which approach to managing your breaths works best for you.
Likewise the book is set out to give the reader options and choices so that you can design a yoga plan that suits you and your situation best.
This is all great, and the exercises themselves do seem to work as the book suggests they will.

However I found it a little confusing when I first read the book, and I felt exasperated at times because I wasn't quite sure how to use the book - although there is a guide to doing so.

Maybe its the fault of my pregnancy hormones and fuzzy brain, but I would have preferred something that was set out in a more tangible way.

That said, I intend to throw my copy into my labour bag and keep it for reference during the early stages of labour to help me along. The exercises themselves seem very well described and thought through, its just the format of the book that I struggle with slightly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Breathe Your Way Through Birth with Yoga (Paperback)
Well written and packed with useful advice and information by a very experienced person, buy it you wont be disapointed!!!

Breathe Your Way Through Birth with Yoga
Breathe Your Way Through Birth with Yoga by Julie Llewellyn-Thomas (Paperback - 15 Mar 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01