Format: HardcoverChange

on 20 April 2005
It's pretty addictive, and mini-pops are irresistible, but probably only to young fogeys like myself. You need a sense of history, of personal memory. You look at these teeny, tiny pixellated creations and you squint, and you say to yourself "yes, that's whatsisname", and you write the name in and you are, of course, wrong. But you look at the correct answer, and you say "of course!"
The guy who invented minipops deserves to retire on it. The Excel spreadsheet version of this has wasted an awful lot of time in our office. If you are a boss, buy the paper version as a gift for your staff - it'll be more productive.
on 26 November 2004
Blimey, what a book!
Page after page of pure, pixelized, greatness. Once I picked it up, I literaly, couldn't put it down! As soon as you get to the first page you find yourself incoherently muttering things like "Who's that?", "I know that one!" and "Hmm....I look in the glossary for that one...".
The Glossary at the back of the book explains who each of the 'Minpops' are and provided with them, hearty opinions. Minipops is a (sometimes nostalgic) journey through music, TV (and just about everything else!) through the medium of Pixel Art.
Craig Robinson has his illustration down a fine art; His illustration are quite intricate when it comes to down to fine details! I strongly advise you to buy this truly special book.
on 11 January 2005
I have been a fan of Craig Robinson & his [...] exploits for some time; since his official Guess the minipop Stars page I received via e-mail over a year ago. I was lucky enough to acquire a signed copy of the book & promptly bought many more copies (10+) as stocking fillers for family and friends. I can't recommend this book any higher...buy it...he has a 'literarystruck' dog called Billy to keep in the style he's become accustomed.
adly 014.
on 11 August 2010
Actually bought this as a result of a minipops quiz circulated on an Excel spreadsheet and couldn't complete all the answers. Good for a laugh as is it's sister book, the minipops atlas.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2010
wee people! the sense of satisfaction at guessing them is great. I loved looking for my favourite band, the Ramones. Some are really hard, others very obvious. Many are hilarious. The wife loves it too!!!