5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping
Excellently capturing the atmosphere of the 17th century London action and drama which occurs throughout this gripping novel. An excellent read, whereby you can cleary see how the pakehas are regarded in a negative light. If you like a perfect mixture of mystery and drama, this is the novel for you.
Published on 28 Aug 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Just kept me interested
Published 19 days ago by Mrs J Jobson

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 28 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Death of Kings (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Just kept me interested, 3 July 2014
Mrs J Jobson (Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is the first Nick Revill novel that I have read. I had previously read of his exploits in the Medieval Murder series. I was expecting much the same but was somewhat disappointed. I felt that too much time was spent with side issues and tracks which, essentially, led nowhere. However, the plot did improve towards the end of the book and I would not say that I did not enjoy it in the whole. I will read the next novel ( I believe this one is the first of his adventures ) so as to determine wether this novel, in particular, was just not to my personal taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning read from an inspiring author!, 14 Aug 2003
Aidan Taylor (Bath, B+NES United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Death of Kings (Paperback)
This and the author's other works are marking by a fantastic writing style that really draws ones attention in close. Having been taught GCSE English by Philip has also meant that i have enjoyed a certain rapport with the author that has heightened my enjoyment of his novels but I think that anybody can enjoy Philip's gripping crime writing. The pakehas were definately portrayed in a negative light I must agree.

Death of Kings (Nick Revill)
Death of Kings (Nick Revill) by Philip Gooden (Paperback - 30 July 2009)
6.64