Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 November 2010
I came across this book when facing grief in my own life, and would recommend it to anyone going through the same. It is straightforward and to the point-most of it is easily understood, and gives much food for thought, and it is a great help with the range of difficulties faced at this time. I wouldnt suggest you use it as the sole source in a time of grief; although extremely helpful it can be a little dry- I might suggest some of the work of Eckhart Tolle at some point, when you're ready for it. When the grief is new, though, it is just what you need.
on 8 April 2010
Books covering bereavement can often be very anecdotal, relying on other's personal experiences which might be of passing interest but of little constructive help to the bereaved. Sue Morris gives careful and sensitive practical guidance on the painful process of grieving without patronising sentiment or jargon-led theories. A lucid and well constructed book offering support to those looking for direction when facing the loss of a loved one.
on 14 October 2011
I found this book extremely useful, practical book that helped me through the grieving process. I given copies to others going through similar loss. They have all said "It helps to know I am not going completely mad".
on 11 December 2012
This book has been a tremendous help in helping me understand how I'm feeling about the death of a very dear husband who died six weeks ago.If you're having 'duvet days' this is the book for you.
on 14 March 2014
I bought this for my sister who has been finding it really hard to accept that our dad has passed.

We didn't get much warning, he had a massive stroke on boxing day and we didn't get him back. Everything happened so quick, I still can't believe he's gone myself. But when I read all the reviews for this book I thought this would hopefully help her. I know everyone grieves differently, and I am holding up, but she's not.

Thankfully, she says it's really helping her, and that it's brilliant. She is still reading it, but it is helping.

So glad I bought it.
on 2 January 2013
For those experiencing bereavement or working in that area. Some people
Can't vocalise what they feel, it related to all members of family.
on 19 February 2010
As a Bereavement Counsellor I found this book to be very useful in helping clients through there grief.
on 20 February 2013
Arrived quickly and safely. Very good book with helpful suggestions. Also purchased at a good price so happy with this.
on 10 October 2014
Another good book to read for anyone who has recently suffered a bereavement.
on 1 January 2015
Good, helpful book . Worth a read with exercises to do to help with dealing with grief.
Also a large chapter for relatives to read, at the end, so they can also help us the best they can .