4.0 out of 5 stars Self help course, 10 Oct 2009
This review is from: Overcoming Low Self-Esteem Self-help Course - 3 parts (Overcoming S.) (Paperback)
As a Cognitive Therapist, I bought this to use with clients. I think it is easy to read and the advantage over the original novel sized version is it is in 3 bite size chunks and has larger pages which the client can write in. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars tough but very worth while, 15 Aug 2010
these books are quite hard hitting and to get everything you possibly can from them you need to fully bare your soul. by being completely honest with these books you can open up yourself and find the true issues and start to solve them. i would highly recommend these books but they are not for the feint hearted, they take time and work but have a satifying result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for anyone who has ever felt that low self-esteem has affected their life and v. good for depression and anxiety too!, 31 July 2014
Really fantastic programme. I have previously battled depression, and have always felt that I over-think and put too much emphasis on criticising myself. This self-help course has been instrumental in completely changing my view towards myself, others, and the daily situations that used to cause me anxiety. In the past I have started reading many other self-help books, but I can honestly say this is the first programme that I have read that I have not found a chore. I personally feel that filling out the worksheets and questionnaires within this programme has engaged me much more than the previous self-help books I have read. I can definitely recommend it to any one that has ever felt that their self-esteem could be improved, or that suffers from depression or anxiety disorders, as these are often strongly linked. The programme is very well written from a scientific point of view, but more to the point it conveys the important information in a clear and simple method that almost everyone could find useful. Personally I feel this programme would be as effective for a 17-year-old girl as a middle aged man! This programme would also do wonders for anyone wishing to understand more about how low self-esteem affects people.

5.0 out of 5 stars The books, 6 Aug 2013
I thought that it was a very good course. It was well laid out, and made you think. Would recommend it to anyone who suffers from lack of self-esteem.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 28 July 2013
I really accessible and effective model and tool kit for self esteem self help. Also a essential part of my tool kit as a trainnee cbt therapist. All concepts simply described, the formulations and work is well explained, easy to apply (while naturally appropriately psychologically and emotionally challenging), and effective. I would recommend to family, friends and clients seeking to making self improvements, and trainees seeking effective models to assist clients in this area.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great course, 24 July 2013
This is a well laid out and easy to understand set of books. It is very honest and uses good examples

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful course, 26 May 2014
Course was reccomended by my therapist. We are working through it. Very helpful and spot on with its insights. However I would not reccomend working through the course without professional guidance. I was very impressed at the speed of delivery, the books arrived in excellent condition within a couple of days wel before they were scheduled to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing Stuff, 7 April 2014
I can honesty say that this thoroughly deserves its five star rating. Working through the set of books completely changed my self perception and help me go forward to change my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This self help book really works!, 3 April 2014
This book has transformed my life. After many fruitless years trying to combat my low self esteem, I now can change beliefs and behaviors for the better. Life is not an unrealistic bed of roses but I am finally on the right track. I was fortunate to get on a low self esteem course set up by the NHS based around this book. This book really challenges you, and some of the issues are very painful, but persevere because the rewards are well worth it. Thank you Melanie

5.0 out of 5 stars I have low self esteem?, 30 Nov 2013
did not know i had low self esteem until i read this book! very interesting and helpful. would recomend it

Overcoming Low Self-Esteem Self-help Course - 3 parts (Overcoming S.)
14.28