5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and informative, 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: Start up and Run Your Own Coffee Shop and Lunch Bar (How to Small Business Start-Ups) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my partner, who is planning on opening a coffee shop / cafe in London. He has found it to be an excellent guide, full of useful information, presented in a straightforward yet unpatronising way. From employment law to teatime recipes, it really does cover everything you'll need to know. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, 5 Feb 2012
I have bought several similar books with advice about opening a Coffee Shop but I have to say that this is the best of the lot! I opened my Coffee Shop 15 months ago and treat this book as my 'Bible'. It has so much useful information and helped me avoid lots of mistakes along the journey of opening up. The recipes are fantastic and I can recommend the empire biscuits & sticky toffee buns (my best sellers)
If you buy any book at all, buy this one!! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of info, 25 Oct 2013
Would go perfectly with the book from the "coffee boys" for they have a completely different approach to the business and both give excellent -although from other points of view- advices.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic, well-written book, 14 Oct 2014
Mr. A. McMullan "One DVD at a Time" (Belfast, Norn Iron) - See all my reviews
A fantastic, well-written book, full of really useful and interesting information. Written from a first-time shop owners' perspective and in clear and easy to understand language. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready, steady, go - almost all you need to start a coffee and lunch bar., 1 Mar 2013
It is a great book for someone who is interested in starting a coffee and lunch bar. It even contains simple menus to start you off. I find the appendices very useful too as it contains all you need to run a coffee bar business e.g. employment contracts, employee handbook and customer questionnaire, all of which which can easily me customised. It is also littered with tips throughout the chapters which one would assume are experienced based. I would love the authors to include what are the challenges in running a coffee and lunch bar - it is very briefly covered in the preface. The book is very easy to read. The only drawback if I could say so is that it is wordy. A few graphics here and there to elaborate the points would have earned it six stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars great effective simple advice, 31 Mar 2014
lots of useful tips excellent value for price, valueable advice for the budding coffee shop entrepreneur, worth a read if you looking into the cafe business

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 18 Mar 2014
I bought this book for my girlfriend who has just invested in a coffee shop business.
She absolutely loves it and has been making the cake recipes too!

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth a look, 22 Sep 2013
very helpful, well written and covers many issues worth knowingeginning to the end, well done, from the beginning to the end

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 21 Aug 2013
It will give you very good idea what it means to run coffee shop, only think I would highlight is LOCATION is THE most important think in the work and dont go into business with friends or family:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help, 19 Oct 2012
I bought this book as me and my friend were opening a small cafe near the beach.We thought we knew it all but quickly realized that we didn't. We started to research the internet and books and couldn't find a great deal until we happened upon this book.It helped us to prioritize our business plan and strategy for our cafe.I would recommend it to anyone thinking about venturing into the cafe business.Also a great bonus of some fantastic recipes.