‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written & informative, 20 Sep 2010
This review is from: Start and Run a Gardening Business, 3rd Edition: Practical advice and information on how to manage a profitable business (Paperback)
This a very well written book full of information for anyone thinking of going it alone into gardening jobs.
easy to read in simple terms, highlighting problems as well as positives, gave us the confidence we needed to restart work after being made redundant,

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must for anyone thinking of starting up a Gardening Business., 10 Nov 2011
I read the book through once from cover to cover and have since gone back on numerous occasions to confirm Paul's clear direction in so many areas. It has truly given me the final push and confidence to enter the Garden Services market.

I am currently putting my first business plan together and next week will be sitting down with a local business advisor. I have chosen a business name, drafted my first advertisements, carried out some basic market research, undertook a trial diverse job on a large garden, testing out my current gardening skills, pricing strategy, time appreciation, I loved the work, it rained all day, but I just didn't care, the icing on the cake was the client was extremely happy with the end result.

So like Paul it's no more IT and office work for me in early 2012 either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable Book, 9 Sep 2010
L. Akerman "Hand Maid" (Southampton) - See all my reviews
This book was ordered for my son to help with the process of starting a business, it was extremely helpful a very interesting and informative book with no nonsense ideas and advice.
Very highly recommended could not get a better book in this situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Starting a Gardening Business, 15 Mar 2011
This is an excellent book. Esssential reading for any one thinking about starting out in the gardening business or already a gardener. Lots of ideas and scenarios to help you plan your work schedules , advertising, tooling up and keeping records and plans. I just wish I had read it earlier having already been a gardener for 4 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Mar 2012
An excellent book for those starting/changing career in Gardening. It is factual, and positive throughout. You really are reading the experience of a 'real person' and that's what makes it engaging. As someone starting out in my new horticulture career, I will certainly continue using this for reference!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Start and run a Gardening Business, 22 April 2013
Loved the book very frank, realistic and informative has given me a lot of ideas about starting a business be it gardening or oher parts of of my hoby

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Advice in a practical tone., 2 Dec 2012
Excellent book, I'm starting a plant nursery and this is the closest thing I can get for this topic, it was excellent! Practical advice, written in a practical tone. Covered all the basics for starting a business which has helped me a lot. There was only one chapter I skipped over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 27 July 2012
This book did exactly what it said on the tin - helped and inspired me to start my own gardening business. Suggestions about getting people to pay and setting prices and what to do all year round were particularly helpful and it has become my bible. I only wish it had been longer and with even more tips. I think Paul Power has at least one more book in him with his wealth of experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRING READ, 31 Jan 2012
I am only a little way into this book, but within the first few pages I could see how good it was. Inspiring and motivational,Paul Power is great at making it all feel very achievable. He talks without all the jargon and confusion, and is a great mentor for those of us fed up with the daily grindstone of our current jobs, the book covers everything you need to know and think about before taking the side step (or leap)and I would highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars this book has given me the kick start I needed to follow my dream of working for myself in a job I love doing. I would recommend, 20 Sep 2014
An excellently written and informative book. I will be starting a gardening business as a stand alone gardener in the spring next year, this book has given me the kick start I needed to follow my dream of working for myself in a job I love doing. I would recommend Paul Powers book to anyone thinking of going into business for themselves.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›