4.0 out of 5 stars An original inter-active approach; excellent checklists.
Published on 11 Nov 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars nice idea but was not helpful for me - disappointing
I bought this book because I wanted a practical guide to help with planning our wedding without all the extra fuss, and flapping and bother that somehow gets comes attached whenever the words "wedding" or "bride" are ever mentioned.
Published on 28 Dec 2005 by Miss Belinda Cave

4.0 out of 5 stars An original inter-active approach; excellent checklists., 11 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This is different from most books on planning weddings. It makes liberal use of checklists. For instance, these cover not just such obvious matters as the engagement announcement and the catering, but also easily-overlooked points, such as videos, stag party and marquees! The author pays meticulous attention to detail. She reminds the reader to ascertain the church's policy on confetti, assuming,of course, that a church is being used. She also points out the possible need for umbrellas to be provided! If the bride and/or groom has a copy of this book and pays attention to the advice, it is hard to see how the wedding can go wrong!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 Feb 2004
By A Customer
What can I say except "marvellous"? This book covers everything that you need to know on planning a wedding.
I was really impressed, the way the book was sectioned, the tick boxes, the different kind of ceremonies that it covered, a budget section, the list is endless and it also fits in your handbag just right.
I can honestly say that with this book I will be very organised and should not forget anything important when planning for my Big Day!
A must have for every bride to be!

2.0 out of 5 stars nice idea but was not helpful for me - disappointing, 28 Dec 2005
It certainly was practical, but actually I didn't find it very helpful. Each chapter is basically a list of things to do at each stage of the planning process. However, it takes the "list" methodology to a new level with the listing lists of lists. There's space to tick boxes for you as you do things, and write which guests have given you presents, for example, but although the idea is good, it's just not flexible enough and so in the end I didn't really use it at all.
I have to say I ended up using a little pocket sized book on weddings (I think it was a collin's guide but I can't remember now), which was an excellent reference for all sorts of queries I had, like correct ettiquette for addressing invitations to unmarried couples or which side of the family normally pays for what etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars A practical book for all brides to be, 19 Sep 2006
I got this book as I really had no idea as to what to plan and when to plan it with regards to my forth coming wedding.

Now though I have fully detailed lists of what I need to do, what all my wedding party have to do and when to do it all by.

There are lists and guides for you to follow and mark off as you go along, and there is even a superb grid at the back for you to record everything you do as you go along.

This isn't a pretty little keepsake book for those of you who are looking for that. It's a practical and useful guide to how to plan your wedding.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very practical guide, 13 Feb 2006
This book contained virtually everything I had to do to organise my wedding. The level of detail gave me great confidence that I could rely on it completely. Meticulous cross-referencing all the detailed information in the 'to do' lists was really helpful. The book isn't a guide to wedding etiquette, I already had one of these, which I used with the guide to understand and plan a great wedding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know, 12 Mar 2008
This is a fantastic book. Being a fanatical list-writer, this was perfect for me. Everything is covered in detail with checklists covering all scenarios. My wedding next year is in its infancy stage as far as planning is concerned, but i know i have all the information i need to ensure everyone enjoys the day without too much stress involved! One thing i have already gained from this book is that i want to keep things relatively simple without too much pomp and ceremony! Far too much to get anxious about!! I would highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful and practical book, 28 Jan 2012
Mrs. R. M. Snell "Nana to two" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Step-by-Step Guide to Planning Your Wedding (Paperback)
A very practical book, set out logically and easy to use - it includes a Countdown Calendar, Action Plans and Checklists. If you are a person who makes lists then this book is for you, and if you are not a list making person you definitely need it as then you won't forget anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!, 28 April 2011
This book has EVERYTHING you need plus so much more. It is laid out so you can find everything easily. A very worthwhile purchase!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 4 July 2014
Full of useful information and check lists. We will use this book on a regular basis over the next few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
Very helpful for planning

The Step-by-Step Guide to Planning Your Wedding
The Step-by-Step Guide to Planning Your Wedding by Lynda Wright (Paperback - 25 May 2010)
7.19