5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed, 2 May 2006
A. Gardiner - See all my reviews
We found this book very useful, it gave us simple guidance where we were unsure and even answered questions we had not yet thought about.

We had wanted to start a B&B but had always been put-off, as it seemed a bit too daunting and complicated. Now, having worked through this thoughtful book, we feel ready to take the first steps.

4.0 out of 5 stars B&B Review, 28 Nov 2008
This is basic beginners guide to running a small B&B. It does focus a lot on keeping at 6 guests and below to avoid problems such as VAT and fire regs this is done in a helpful and simple way in a commonsence no nonsence approach. I think if I knew nothing about the trade I would do a bit more reading than just this book before starting out in business but I think that this is a good place to start. The book is written as if you know nothing about the trade and starts from scratch so if you are thinking of going into the B&B business from knowing nothing this would be a good start. I would also like to point out to anyone thinking of going into the B&B trade if you think you will be liable for business rates you can have the Valuation office do you a quote of how much it would be before you comit to anything this is a free service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, 8 July 2009
Hergest (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a good book to read if you are thinking about setting up a B and B. Clearly written and amusing.
My only criticism would be that this book, like a number of others, presents a rather 'standard' model...

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and simple, 19 Nov 2010
J. Reynolds (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Six Guests: 4th edition (Paperback)
I found this book very easy and enjoyable to read. It's given me everything I need to get my B&B idea off the ground. Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on B&B practical guide, 5 Aug 2008
This book really was a great find. Full of practical advice about setting up a B&B covering all the things I needed to know and right up to date too! It's real strength is in it's presentation which is so simple and clear to read. The author is a genius.

I would not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone thinking about setting up a B&B or to anyone already running a B&B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical guide, 8 Nov 2010
H. du Toit (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Six Guests: 4th edition (Paperback)
We intend to start a B&B within the near future and were looking for some practical guidelines. This book provided just that and exceeded our expectations. It even provides some templates for some of the products required.

5.0 out of 5 stars just six guests, 9 July 2010
This review is from: Just Six Guests: 4th edition (Paperback)
This book was written in simple easy to understand language. It gives practical advice based on the writers own invaluable experience. I would recommend this book to anyone contemplating running a B&B business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good advice for anybody looking to start a B&B, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Just Six Guests: 4th edition (Paperback)
Gave good clear advice on what to expect for anybody starting to look going in to starting a B&B. Some of the advice is common sense but if you are looking at this as a new line of work there is a lot of good advice within the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful guide, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Just Six Guests: 4th edition (Paperback)
If you are considering whether running a small B&B is for you, this book is a great help. If you decide to take the plunge then keep it on your shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick simple overview, 1 Oct 2013
B. Innes "Mtoto" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Just Six Guests: 4th edition (Paperback)
Constantly feeling poorer whilst loving where I live.

This book provides a quick and comprehensive overview to the feasibility of supplementing your income via bed and breakfast.

Just Six Guests: 4th edition
Just Six Guests: 4th edition by Helen Jackman (Paperback - 11 Feb 2010)
6.99