Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 July 2009
Tracing Your Irish Ancestors: The Complete Guide
A very practical guide for those trying to find their way through the maze that is Irish family research. It gives great details of the many available resources and helps you find what you're looking for without going the long way round. Maxwell clearly knows what he is talking about and he has produced a very helpful & worthwhile publication.
on 14 February 2012
This is an excellent little book which, although published in 2009 (technology and indexing of records having changed a lot of things in the last 3 years) gives great insight into what is available, and hope that perhaps the records we need are not quite as lost as we had thought...lots of info on alternative records and where to find them (including web sites). Very helpful, although perhaps a new edition is called for now.
on 29 July 2011
A well-presented guide, more than a list of resources, and more than a set of step-by-step instructions, this covers a wide range of records and leads for family history research. There are useful suggestions for rounding out one's research, even if the actual tracing is bound, given the sources available, to be a hit-and-miss affair.
on 8 October 2013
Useful book to use alongside others has plenty of helpful hints and tips making searching easier a must for every geneologist tracing Irish roots
on 15 March 2010
Brilliant book. I found it very interesting and well written. Easy to read and very informative.
on 20 September 2010
I ordered this book as I thought my great grandfather was irish but it turned out he was Manx but this is a great book for anyone with Irish ancestors.
on 3 September 2014
Not as informative as I expected and I continue to be bombarded with emails asking me to upgrade. I also never managed to get the advertised free subscription to another online tool for research.
on 13 December 2012
I am tracing my irish family roots and have been finding it difficult. At my local library this book helped me a great deal and I decided to purchase it myself instead of constantly borrowing it
on 10 February 2012
Just started reading this book and it is already proving to be invaluable. For all those seeking to trace their Irish Ancestors then I would recommend this book.
on 13 November 2013
This is a great book to help with your search with Genealogy
I have read several Irish Ancestor books and this is by far the best
Highly recommend this