5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference guide
An excellent book which helps and guides you in the right direction. A CV is vital for your career so this is a welcome relief to those of us who struggle to produce a concise document.

I used this to move from one industry to another so highlighting and emphasising my relevant points and strong abilities was vital.

I highly recommend this for the...
Published on 26 July 2009 by Greymantle

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful. Just awful.
I followed the CV writing advice of this book to the letter and didn't get too many calls back for an interview. Switched the exact same information to a basic Microsoft Word template and achieved immediate success! The information I wanted to present didn't seem so fragmented using a simple template, whereas following this book made the reader's eye jump around all over...
Published on 5 April 2012 by mushroomteagirl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference guide, 26 July 2009
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)

I highly recommend this for the real-life examples used which you will find covers an area that you specialise in.

I have rarely, if ever, given a review previoously but wanted to add my comments to this publication.

Well done and thanks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Concise and Recommended, 23 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)
`How to write an Impressive CV' is by far the best book I have seen on the increasingly complex subject of CV writing. I had confidence in the CV I was using and indeed worked hard to compile the information and make it readable. I did get somewhere but I could have saved myself a lot of time if I had used Ms Whitmore's book from the start

I selected a format from this book that I felt would suit my experience and followed the advice. I liked the fact that there were many examples of what constitutes a good CV. These were included on an attached CDR. I really liked being able t0o browse through these examples and select those that I felt were particularly pertinent to my situation.

What is good about this book is that it also includes examples of good practise with regard to cover letters. Other authors try to get you to buy a further book on covering letters whilst here you have both combined.

Ms Whitmore has a clear concise style and doesn't over complicate. I thoroughly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive book very useful, 26 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)
I never write reviews, but l must express my interest and many thanks regarding this book 'impressive CV's and Cover Letters'. I never realised how out of date my cv actually was. I was currently looking for new employment due to being unhappy in my work, so l got this book. This has got to be book number 6, lve spent a considerable amount of money in the last 4 months trying to find the guidance, information and the help l required to finding a new career path. Finally, found just what l needed 'Impressive CV's' provides you with a step by step guide explaining the importance of needing a cv and covering letter, a PC-disc comes with the book which provides you with both cv's, covering letter's templates and examples. This a an excellent piece of kit, well worth the money and would recommend to anyone having difficulties in finding employment. 'Impressive CV's and CoverLetters' not only got me the interviews but also the job of my choice. If l had continued using my old cv l would have been stuck in the same dead end job day in day out, now lve self-improved and advance my situation. "It worked for me, it could work for you" try it out what have you got to lose at that price their giving it away.

I recommend to anyone who wants to reach that career goal to buy this book.
So l award 5 stars *****

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Need Help This Is For You, 21 July 2009
M. Aisbitt - See all my reviews
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)
Incredibly informative book, taking you through the steps needed to create an impressive CV. Great examples show you how. If you are moving on in your career and need a little extra help to get there, look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and easy to use, 15 May 2010
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)
As a dyslexic I often find books like this too complicated and academic. This is a fantastic clear and concise book that made it easy for me to make my CV much better! The proof is in the pudding and applying for new jobs I have been getting calls straight away and compliments on my CV (so far and I hope this continues!). The cover letter section is really good and I realise that my cover letters over the years have not done anything to sell me. I really recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Book For Prospective Job Hunters, 7 Jan. 2010
Mr. R. W. Glaze "Rob Glaze" (Halesowen, West Mids) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)
Writing a CV can be daunting.And if you are desperate to leave your current role or have been made redundant, you may not be in the best frame of mind to present your skills and experience in a positive way. Then this excellent book comes along, showing you how the CV writing process can help you.The book gives examples of different types of CVs and when to use them.The accompanying CD comes with templates so you can use them if needed.If you haven't had to apply for a job for a long time, this book will bring you up to date on what prospective employers expect to see. It is an excellent book, and certainly worth purchasing, and the price from Amazon is also very good value for money.I thought my CV was quite good until i saw the examples from this book. It has very useful hints and tips for now or at a later date. You won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really clear and full of examples, 9 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)
I loved the way this book is laid out in such a clear way with lots of examples - showing CVs 'before and after' this book has been followed.

What is really helpful too is providing rules and ideas for tackling different situations e.g. where you don't have enough experience, or how to achieve the most impact. The action words appendix at the back was really useful too!

Overall, this book is motivational and easy to follow. Even those with an up-to-date CV would benefit from running through this book. There is lots to learn!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide to writing your CV., 21 Aug. 2009
B. Hunter (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)
An informative and user friendly guide to updating your CV and cover letter. Having just completed my Masters Degree I am ready to progress with my career and need to have a professional CV that will get noticed in todays competitive market. This book is a 'must have', offering a step to step guide with excellent real life examples on how to create that impressive CV!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource, 20 July 2009
Mrs. L. Baldwin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)
An incredibly detailed explanation of how to write a strong CV yourself. This book not only tells you what to do, but also shows what not to do. It includes real-life samples of before and after CVs of customers who have used her company's CV services to serve as examples. Additional advice from industry leaders adds value too. Incredibly helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for back to work Mum's too!, 30 July 2009
This review is from: Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter (Paperback)
Having been out of work for some time after having children, I figured I really needed help in compiling a hard hitting CV. Whether it was nappy brain or lack of use, I'd basically forgotten how to write a CV. My time off full time work had done me no favours and my training was in need of significant refreshening. However, using this book as a tool I was able to expand on my skill set and offer the reader of my CV a concise, factual but grounded synopsis of myself.

I say BARGAIN as this book helped me succeed in securing a work and I'm now working my little cotton socks off!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter
Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter by Tracey Whitmore (Paperback - 12 Jun. 2009)
Used & New from: £2.15