5.0 out of 5 stars Frontline - No frills, how it is, a must read.
Published on 2 Dec 2010 by Sampeeps

3.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely a good book but..
Isn't it a little suspect that mostly everyone who has given this glowing reviews (and that's everyone that's reviewed the book) has only ever reviewed books written the same authors or this book alone??? As if maybe the Coffee Boys know how to manipulate the peer review process to their advantage??

Fair play, I bet it's generated a bucket load of sales and...
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by P. J. Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars Frontline - No frills, how it is, a must read., 2 Dec 2010
This review is from: Setting Up and Managing Your Own Coffee Bar: How to open a coffee bar that actually lasts and makes money . . . (Coffee Boys Step By Step Guide) (Paperback)
I only wish I had a copy of this book a few years back when I was involved in Business Management Consultancy. I visited in the region 700 organisations across a wide cross section of business types, and I can say hand on heart, I would have supplied a copy of "Setting up and Managing your own Coffee Bar" as a leaving present to the majority of these business's. The business principles of this book, explained in such a user friendly fashion, by two guys who have worked at the sharp end is (as far as I am concerned) brilliant. Passion, Product, People, Marketing, Systems and Money can be applied to all types of business, without going over the top in the books praise, I honestly think they should have it available in all British Schools, use it as a business learning tool to set up their own "School Coffee Shops" (obviously not a thing you would like to happen), they could take the Coffee part out, it would assist in teaching pupils the real world, rather than the ideal world.

If you are thinking of setting up your own Coffee Bar, then not to buy this book would be a commercial mistake. It has certainly taken the wool from my eyes and made me think long and hard if I am cut out for the the "Coffee Shop Business". I am not on commission from the authors or have any connection with them in any shape, way or form.The Coffee Boys' Step-by-step Guide to Setting Up and Managing Your Own Coffee Bar: How to Open a Coffee Bar That Actually Lasts and Makes Money (Coffee Boys Step By Step Guide)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye opener to the coffee bar world, 17 Dec 2010
After toying with the idea of opening a coffee bar for a while i did some research on the internet and came across the coffee boys website and this book.

After reading this book I have come to realise how much goes into not just opening a coffee bar but all the planning that needs to go into it even before you start,the finance side, planning how your coffee bar will operate and look, the coffee itself, what food to serve and when, advertising and things i hadn't even considered. It makes you see everything in a new light when you next go for a coffee.

It opens your eyes to the reality that opening up a coffee bar on a whim because you've always fancied it without any real idea is madness, you'll end up with little or no profit and be a slave to your business.

If you still want to open a coffee bar READ THIS BOOK AND MAKE IT YOUR BIBLE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 14 April 2010
Robert J. C. Ward "Rob Ward" (Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've just finished reading this book. I've worked in the food industry for nearly 20 years and I can say with confidence this is an essential read to anyone that has a food service business or looking to set up one.
It's about coffee shops, but there's loads of useful stuff in there about food catering and how to make it work better.
Practical, readable and funny - a refreshing change from all the other poorer versions of 'business help' books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reality check, 4 Oct 2010
Reading this book has stopped me making a big mistake and probably saved me a lot of time and money.
After reading other books I thought I had a good idea of what running a cafe would be all about. This book highlighted a few things that I hadnt taken into account. I am still wanting to run a business but I am going to wait until I have a bit more finance and look into things a bit more deeply. The gist of the words that really struck home is the bit about a business being after initial setting up time somthing you could take a holiday from when you want, if you cant do that then you are just buying a job without the benifit of holidays. Also I was thinking more about what I would want in a cafe and not the majority of the public. My business plan is definately needing a rework. Thanks lads, for the good advise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book - much better than all the others, 17 May 2010
N. Sanders (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
An essential read for anyone in the hospitality industry.

There are a lot of "how to start a coffee shop/sandwich bar" books out there but this one is in another league.

The information, in nearly every other rival offering is generally written by journalists (with no experience at all) or people who have opened one or maybe two sites.

These guys have a huge level of experience and it really shows through in this book. It's also written with humour and in a very readable style.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful and informative, 22 April 2014
It's written in a way which is accessible to everyone, whether you come from a business background or not. The points are very clearly made and easy to understand and make sense of. As a young woman planning to start my first business I found this book a great place to start! It has opened my eyes to some of the realities I will face and reminded me of others I'd perhaps left out of my planning. A definite must read for anyone thinking about starting a business in this industry

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic help!, 22 Oct 2013
I was after something helpful and to the point,
This book was amazing, it had all the information to help me avoid pitfalls and run a successful business
Its a true gem and has helped me endlessly, I can now look to the future knowing what to avoid!
Suggested to anyone after fantastic advice, 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Oct 2013
They don't tell you what kind of fridge you'll need nor what the colour of your walls should be but really what's the attitude and work methods you'll need to have to make your business efficient and profitable.
I'd highly recommend to buy it with the one from Jill Sutherland cause that one is about the fridges you'll need and what coffee machine brand is best...

5.0 out of 5 stars The best foundation you could want - and great for future reference, 31 July 2013
If you're setting up a new coffee shop or similar business like I was 6 months ago then this is an absolute must read (and absorb) if you're serious about making it a success.

The tone is great - and it's actually a page turner - not perhaps what you'd expect from the genre!!

Our business is now open, every day something new crops up to learn from, and this book is a perfect reference to keep you moving in the direction you set out to follow when you started your business.

Above all don't dilute your goal - use this book to re-galvanise your plan - even at what will inevitably be one of the busiest times of your life. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee bar guide lines, 10 Feb 2013
Very good guide line book on coffee bar managment. A must have for those who want to start their own business.