4.0 out of 5 stars A road map to recovery
I wish I had had a book like this when I had my first panic attacks. No one understood what I was going through, and no one, including the medical services, was able to explain what was happening and how it could be dealt with.

What everyone in this situation needs, and needs fast, are three things:
1. Reassurance that you are not the only one this has...
Published on 12 Jan 2009 by A. J. Gawthorpe

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Meant for All
This book is likely very useful for those who have been officially diagnosed with a serious anxiety disorder. However, having bought it to combat general anxiety, I found it far too intense for my needs. Reading it actually made me feel more anxious at times, and the testimonials - while useful, I'm sure - seemed to come from people with very deep problems.
The...
Published on 25 Mar 2011 by Bunny

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book and resource, 17 Mar 2013
I bought this for my wife and she kept saying how good it was each time she turned a page. The book gives detailed descriptions og what is happening and practical solutions to how to deal with it. I would highly recommend this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars l didn't find it great, 14 May 2013
I have to be honest and say tht I did not enjoy this as much as other reviewers …
I found the writing style dry, and unengaging. I do not doubt the authors knowledge but the text as a whole was dull. Instead of the little homilies at the end of each chapter, I would pefer case studies and if I never read another poem by Norman again, my anxiety will at least stayas it is.
Perhaps I am a self-help book junkie, but I have read much more powerful and effective books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Increadibly helpful and insightful, 16 Nov 2009
This review is from: Free Yourself From Anxiety: A self-help guide to overcoming anxiety disorders (Paperback)
Really was an eye opener when I first started reading, anyone who suffers from anxiety will benefit hugely from even being aware that other people have suffered from this and there are many practical and useful tips for help dealing with anxiety. It may not be an immediate cure for everyone but knowing you can deal with stressful situations in a positive manner will drive you forward and help you to help yourself, whic is basically what this book is about. It shouldn't be viewed as answer but it certainly gets you there by forcong you to confront your problem and tackle it in a healthy and positive manner. Hugely impressed, the breathing tips in particular were exactly what I felt I needed. I still get anxious but I can now control them and I firmly believe that with some basic lifestyle changes most people will find this book just as important as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and brilliant, 31 Mar 2014
I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for 3 years now and this book really is amazing. It was really comforting and felt that somebody understood my pain and frustration.
You have to be willing to put some work in but I'm sure if you suffered from any of the conditions mentioned in the book then you would do whatever it takes to feel free again.
It's basically CBT but in simple terms. Perfect for anyone with anxiety, panic attacks, depression or OCD.
And to anyone reading this and needs help, remember your not alone and you will get your life back.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 18 May 2013
have found the book invaluable and is a very good aid when experiencing panic attacks. it provides good clear info.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 27 Feb 2012
J. M. Murphy "cheshire girl" (bredbury, cheshire) - See all my reviews
bought this book as I was feeling very anxious, found the book very helpful, particularly the section on breathing techniques. I am about half way through it, as it is something you don't want to rush.But up to now all is good, and seems to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars i really recommend this book!, 25 Jan 2012
I have been suffering with anxiety for years on & off & really didnt know what to do as i wont go to the Doctor about it, this book has helped me so much & i have had a few really good days without any panic or very little & with the advice from this book ive managed to cope with the little. i didnt even get to the end of the book before i started to feel better, so thankful i chose this self help book! i am planning on reading it again as it helped so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 15 Jun 2011
A very helpful book. Lots of information on anxiety and anxiety disorders. I am finding it useful in coping with my own anxiety problems. Delivered in good time as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 20 Feb 2011
A. Deering (London) - See all my reviews
A very good self help book. I found it very helpful to work at my own pace. The book is easy to understand and is broken down into small manageable chapters. It really does work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Anxiety is here to stay, 9 Aug 2013
Not as detailed or informative as I was hoping. IF you know nothing about anxiety, this might be a place to start,

ARRAY(0xb2233e4c)