Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 7 September 2006
Putting heads on beds is a straight forward, practical manual on how to maximise the most from your hotel. This book is packed with helpful, easy to follow tips to turnaround and improve businesses, suppported by longerterm stratergies to boost sales and marketing. Offering advice from the obvious to the more ambiguous ideas - I think this book useful for any independent hotel owner or indeed anyone with a small business in a relevant industry. Highly recommended.
on 29 April 2008
As a Manager of 50 bedroomed hotel i found Mr Cockmans book very informative indeed,We have been using his book as a training guide for various areas within our hotel and it has not only improved the service we provide it has also increased our turnover.Mr Cockman has a natural talent for problem solving within the hotel trade and i think after reading this book you feel that you can overcome any problems that may arise.The amount of good ideas that came out of the book were great,Far more than other reviews have noticed.I have no hesitation in recommending this book for anybody who wants to improve their hotel or guest house because it certainly put more heads on my beds.
Thanks Mr Cockman
on 16 October 2006
This is a marvellous book. I worked with Michael in New Zealand and he was a great mentor to me personally. Now in this book he has summed up all that you need to know if you are marketing an independent hotel. The layout is very logical and some of the sections, particularly on the structure of the business, are particularly helpful to new entrants to the hotel business.

I can't recommend this book enough.

John Farrell, Area Director of Sales & Marketing, Accor Hotels, New Zealand & South Pacific
on 2 November 2007
Have been in the industry for some time and this book was a great. Would have liked to see more about internet distribution channels but overall a good read.
on 31 May 2007
We have three hotels and have used this book as a training aid for each of our hotel managers. Mike Cockman has a great way of stating the obvious, only its not so obvious until he has stated it! We love it and it is so practical. We have made numerous changes to our marketing and selling due to this book.
on 7 January 2007
This book encapsulates everything you need to know to generate business for your hotel. The major international hotel management companies do everything, albeit on a smaller scale, that is in this book - conveniently miniaturized so you can apply all of the same marketing principles to fill your property, however small. Michael Cockman is the accomplished expert, with years of experience and proven ideas. Do what he says and your business will likely prosper.
on 29 September 2006
This book by Micheal Cockman has helped me endlessly in my quest to increase business at my 'Independent Hotel'. I have used his advice in a variety of ways and my business is booming. I have used his ideas and guides to marketing with great success around the local area and broader regions and now rarely have an empty room.

Thanks Micheal
on 1 August 2006
I have found Michaels latest book very informative and very relevent to the hotel industry. The thought process he explains is also a process which I use as a hotelier in the hotel industry in Europe. I think the book is very clear in some very basic sales and yield techniques to improve business and fill up beds. The book is very practical and you can see that it is based on the authors experience gained over many years in the business. I will certainly use it as a tool for training in my hotel.
on 19 December 2006
Quite simply, an esssential guide to increasing room occupancy levels in any private busuiness. Even if you think you know it all it is an 'aid memoir', and even one good idea put into practice will reap rewards. Micheal has been instumental helping several businesses I know of increase their occupancy levels, and in some instances turning around an unprofitable business.
on 6 February 2007
This book has re-iterated to me an old phrase "you never stop learning". Even though I have been involved in this industry for some time, I have learned a lot through reading this book, which has an excellent combination of theoretical foundation with practical, common sense, hands on advice. I would (and do) recommend it to others as a very useful tools when getting to grips with marketing your letting accommodation.