4.0 out of 5 stars Good but hard to read
Published on 15 Dec 2010 by smw

3.0 out of 5 stars textile of innovation
In my opinion this book is very interesting, but I work with textiles and I do research about them, so if I find an interesting text like this I'm very happy.
This book is specific about a type of readers.
Thank you.
Published on 14 Nov 2010 by Giņ

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but hard to read, 15 Dec 2010
This review is from: Textile Futures (Paperback)
I am using this book as research for my BA Hons. dissertation. In my opinion the book has lots of information and is up to date but is a bit hard to read. There isn't a lot of pictures and is worded very academically. I would only suggest it for people who are confident with textile terminology and those who are confident readers. Otherwise there is a similar book called tomorrows wardrobe that is easier to read although this may not have as much relevant information.

5.0 out of 5 stars the future is textile, 16 Nov 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Textile Futures (Paperback)
We often think of textiles as fashion, but textiles cross many media and platforms and this book looks at their varied uses. This academic book highlights recent technological developments to shed light on how textiles are being used today. New applications for textiles from around the world may astound you - from breast implants to carbon fibre tables, discarded textiles to seas of shining threads. The book looks at fibres such as spider silk - a lightweight fibre that is one of the toughest in the world. Interesting text supported by good photographs - this book makes you think again. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.

3.0 out of 5 stars textile of innovation, 14 Nov 2010
This review is from: Textile Futures (Paperback)
This book is specific about a type of readers.
Thank you.

Textile Futures
Textile Futures by Bradley Quinn (Paperback - 1 Sep 2010)