5.0 out of 5 stars It's all in the mind
Any of us who play golf know it is all in the mind. Yes, there are skills and techniques which have to be learned but after that the mind takes over and you bring the same doubts, fears, problems and negativities to golf as you bring to the organisation of the rest of your life.
What Sieger does very well in this book is to analyse this aspect of the game and devise...
Published on 8 July 2010 by High Handicapper

3.0 out of 5 stars It works!
After reading the book and listening to the accompanying cd, I set out to play golf. I felt much calmer and definitely more focussed and had the best round of golf ever. However I think I need to spend a lot more time listening to the cd, as the third time I played I struggled to stay focussed for the whole round.

I recommend this book to any golfer who has...
Published on 23 Nov 2011 by Jan from Wales

5.0 out of 5 stars It's well worth the read, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Silent Mind Golf: How to Empty Your Mind and Play Golf Instinctively (Paperback)
This is a great book for golfers of all levels from beginners to low handicappers.I found it a great confidence booster.

5.0 out of 5 stars I broke 90, 2 Nov 2011
I have been hacking around mid nineties for years. Concentrating on rolling my wrists, perfecting the plane of my swing, worrying about my stance. I took Robin's advice, stopped thinking, looked at the target, focus on the ball and swing. Still not hitting the target but getting closer. The man is a genius of simplicity. I scored 89 on a par 71, miracle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for all golfers, 31 Oct 2011
I've had this book for some time and it's really helped my game. It's simple way of highlighting the mental game has been really beneficial to all aspects of my game from driving to putting. The writing style is easy to understand and easy to put into practice. Basically it's golf stripped down by taking the main focus away from technique and instead concentrating on the mental aspect of the game. And it works. For all golfers, I also recommend Ben Hogan's timeless classic "Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf".

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent Mind Golf - Works a treat, 13 Aug 2011
If you are troubled by multiple swing thoughts when you're over the ball get this book and put the theory into practice. It works for me. I did so last week and shot 78. Broke 80 for the first time. However, you do need a reasonable swing and to go through the routine on each shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has totally transformed my approach to the game!!, 15 Jan 2011
This is certainly a must-read. It has transformed completely my whole outlook. Just how many times have we 1) messed up on the first tee, under the "pressure" gazes of your playing partners? 2) choked under pressure and fluffed shots we have done a number of times in the past and therefore should be simple? 3) allowed negative thoughts to enter out mind and sabotage our play? 4) messed up a shot before we've even executed it because we recall the last time we hooked/sliced it into the woods/water?

We've all been there and this book tells you how to avoid these "mind traps". It's very readable and I will certainly revisit it periodically. To paraphrase Tony Jacklin in the prologue "I wish I had found this book years ago!"

An invaluable aide is the CD which comes with it. I have listened to it a few times and even have it in the car, so I can listen to it on long-ish journey (my daily run is too short!).

Finally at the price you can pick up on Amazon, it's an absolute bargain! So don't ponder, buy it and see for yourselves. No golf lesson nor new club can help when it comes to the mind - this book does just that!

Happy golfing

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 21 Oct 2010
This book is just what i needed. Isn't it so frustrating when, as soon as the slightest bit of pressure kicks in, your perfectly practiced shots become sloppy, misjudged and poor? This book now helps me cope under that pressure, no matter how big or small!
Only one problem, this guy has slightly gone under the radar and i think he needs to be shown to the world! He now has an official facebook fan page which i have joined and now i'm ready for youtube and twitter!! Can't wait!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound commonsense, 9 Jun 2010
Henry Richardson "HARRY RICH" (Northwest England) - See all my reviews
Excellent book, well presented in a logical manner. If put into practice will make all the difference to your golf scores and enjoyment. Stop talking to yourself ie not moaning about past shots and worring about shot to be played yet and get on with the game. It is not too late to improve! Even at my advanced age*"@

5.0 out of 5 stars Blimey!, 11 Aug 2010
J P. McHugh (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
I've been a very casual golf hacker for many a year and read many golf magazines, watched instructional DVDs, even had some lessons a few months back in a bid to improve my golf. I know the theory of what I'm supposed to be doing, it's just the application of that knowledge that's the problem! Up until I read this book, at every shot I would be thinking about adjusting something in the swing. I could almost forget what the whole point of the action was i.e. to hit the ball! This led to inconsistant golf.

This book has changed golf for me in such a short time. I started reading it Saturday, it's now Wednesday. In those few days, I have never hit as many enjoyable shots! I was sceptical about the book's claims but I have to say, my shots and striking of the ball has improved drastically since trying out the thought process described. I keep wondering if this is just a coincidence but I don't think so. The more it keeps working, the more confidence I get and hence, the shots keep getting better!

This book does not teach any golf swing technique. It is a book designed to train the mind. In my case, I had the swing theory in my head but in the end, I think I had too much theory and not enough trust in myself. Please don't expect you will be hitting perfect shots everytime. You won't. I'm still hitting a few thins/fats and misdirected shots, but the overall improvement has been impressive in a very short time.

The book came with a CD, which takes you through the 'silent mind' process (it made me chuckle at first as it's a bit 'look into my eyes'). The book recommends you practice the technique everyday. No problem, it involves sititng down and relaxing for 10 minutes!

It's not a hefty book but it says all it needs to. The message is quite simple.

This book has definately done something for me. It does seem a bit like magic! I was a sceptic but no more.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the cheapest golf lessons available., 2 Jun 2014
anyone wishing to improve their golf and who has only focused on their swing must read this book.
i like Robins easy to read style of writing and you can dip in and out of various chapters as you go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helped me!, 28 April 2014
As a mid handicap golfer I have always struggled in competitions to stay calm and focused, especially during slow play, so I decided to try and work on the mental side of the game by reading publications such as this. Following reading this particular book, I found that I was able to free my mind of all the junk that normally would wizz round during play and that by only thinking about where the shot would go my game and my personal enjoyment improved immediately. I am still working on it and re-read snippets everyday. Would recommend to anyone with an over busy mind and lacking in focus on the course.

Silent Mind Golf: How to Empty Your Mind and Play Golf Instinctively