5.0 out of 5 stars It's all in the mind
Any of us who play golf know it is all in the mind. Yes, there are skills and techniques which have to be learned but after that the mind takes over and you bring the same doubts, fears, problems and negativities to golf as you bring to the organisation of the rest of your life.
Published on 8 July 2010 by High Handicapper

3.0 out of 5 stars It works!
After reading the book and listening to the accompanying cd, I set out to play golf. I felt much calmer and definitely more focussed and had the best round of golf ever. However I think I need to spend a lot more time listening to the cd, as the third time I played I struggled to stay focussed for the whole round.

I recommend this book to any golfer who has...
Published on 23 Nov 2011 by Jan from Wales

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all in the mind, 8 July 2010
What Sieger does very well in this book is to analyse this aspect of the game and devise skills and suggest ways for dealing with it. This is not a book which is micro analysing your swing or where your left foot should be, but one which sets out to improve the attitude and approach you bring to your game.

His assessments of the way great players played the game are very useful and shows that even they had the same mind problems all of us high handicappers - and even low handicappers - face.

I thought his story about his golfing record at Surrey University was particularly illuminating. When he thought he was in a position in which he couldn't lose he believed he could win. When he realised a mistake had been made and he was actually playing a much better player than himself he believed he would lose - and he did.
I hope he had a nice glass of red wine after that match!
I can recommend this book to anyone who is looking to improve their game of golf not by shaving a club or chanting mantras during their backswing but who wants to clear their mind and bring a proper mental approach to the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Book, 3 April 2010
M. Whitfeld (Reading England) - See all my reviews
As a female golfer who has not being playing for long, I have had many lessons and find myself spending too much time thinking about my swing 'whilst I am swinging', which makes me too conscious of
what I am trying to do. I realise that I don't think about driving my car whilst I drive my car, or technique when I cook. This book is wonderful because it brings the same logic to golf. I loved it. Simple, very instructive, and the CD shows me how to still my mind and believe in my swing and myself on
on the course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical tips that work!, 13 April 2010
A Hall (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
At last a book on the mental game of golf which is practical and really helps! I have bought several other books on this topic which promise amazing changes but are very low on the practical aspects of what you could do to improve performance. This one hits the sweet spot and provides simple but powerful ways to improve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent mind golf by Robin Sieger, 19 July 2010
Silent Mind Golf: How to Get Out of Your Own Way and Play Golf Intuitively and Instinctively

The beauty of this book is in the simplicity of the message. The use of metaphors from every day life and the practical examples make it an easy task to assimilate the key learnings and make them stick. It may be just a coincidence but my game has become less complicated and more consistent since I picked up the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent Mind to great golf, 15 April 2010
This is an excellent book for all golfers that want to improve their general performance.
It is well written an structured with good descriptions and easy to understand text and information.
It is certainly one of the best books I have read relating to the though process and how to overcome and deal with the golfing demons that can manifest themselves before and during a round.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best golf psych book I have read., 28 Mar 2010
I bought this book in the UK during a recent trip, as I have read Robin Siegers other books which I found to be 'real world' and full of practical advice and strategies, and was curious about his thoughts on the psychology of golf , and read it thinking I will have heard it all before. What amazed me is the book not only explains in clear terms how the mind can sabotage our performance (especially under pressure) but it 'shows you how' to develop your mental approach to avoid this, through a series of easy and practical exercises that worked for me. The CD that came with the book, is an invaluable aid in teaching you to still the mind, and then do it on the course.

The book is practical and very accessible information, using many stories from his own golfing life which I am sure we can all identify with. The book is well written, and I will return to this as a reference book in the future. It really helped me to undertand how under pressure on the golf course (and in life generally) we tighten up and 'choke' under pressure by thinking too much and trying too hard, when in reality we need to let go and trust in our innate abilities. I am sure this will be a great help to any golfer or sports person who wants to make a serious improvement in their game.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 23 Nov 2011

I recommend this book to any golfer who has problems concentrating and remaining focussed for every shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars silent mind golf, 11 July 2011
This book is so different from all the other golf books that I have purchased over the years. Very easy reading-I couldnt put it down....Before I leave to play golf I play the c.d. that came with the book. I definitely recommend it... Buy it now - you won't be disappointed. I love it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good - let's see if it works, 8 Feb 2014
A. Hill (Walsall, UK) - See all my reviews
The information and content of this book is similar to others I have read. I have the kindle edition and it talks about free downloads on his website which currently I haven't found. Apparently with the paper version a free CD is included. There are certain exercises throughout the book which must be practiced. The author makes it clear that nothing will happen unless you practice the meditations so don't expect any quick fixes. All I can say is that I am going to try it and see if it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what the doctor ordered, 1 Nov 2012
This review is from: Silent Mind Golf: How to Empty Your Mind and Play Golf Instinctively (Paperback)
I've reached a point in my golf where my missed are down to mental conditioning rather than technique. Having read 4 of the Rotella books and a Joseph Parent book I found my understanding of the 'why' of mental conditioning and 'what' needs to be fixed but very little 'how' to fix the problem. As such I don't feel that they helped my game as much as I'd have liked. I then heard about Silent Mind Golf through a golf forum and based on the rave reviews on Amazon I bought it and have read it three times in as many weeks now. The book explains clearly and concisely the reasons for mental conditioning but more importantly (for me!) it gives several conditioning exercises throughout the book to start your mind along the right path. There's also a free downloadable audio file on the author's website which covers one of the exercises.

To summarise the last three weeks of adopting this new way of thinking on the course I feel like golf is less technical and there's less thought while on the course. I simply apply the three thoughts in sequence and hit the ball and it seems to be a vast improvement over my previous pre-shot routine both in terms of enjoyment of the game but also the resulting shot. I *highly* recommend this book to anyone who has a decent basic golf swing to begin with but finds their mental game letting them down, whether through over-analysis or excessive pre-shot routine checks.

Silent Mind Golf: How to Empty Your Mind and Play Golf Instinctively