5.0 out of 5 stars The best part of a newspaper.
Published on 24 Jan. 2012 by Tilly

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny
Another book for my lavatorial library. This collection of letters sent to the editor of The Daily Telegraph spans the funny, the ridiculous and the very, very strange. Having read it I think I have learnt a great deal about the workings of the minds of the British middle-class.
Published on 27 Dec. 2012 by Martensgirl

5.0 out of 5 stars The best part of a newspaper., 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: I Rest My Case...: Unpublished Letters to The Daily Telegraph (Hardcover)
Our country is full of clever, witty people and after a surfeit of bad news it was a delight to read the opinions of people,obviously wise, who agree with me. I thought it would be interesting but I actually laughed out loud and insisted in reading them to everyone friends, children and grandchildren, all of whom understood and appreciated them. Long may readers letter pages continue. Tilly.

5.0 out of 5 stars ...and these are the ones that weren't good enough!, 8 Feb. 2012
R. P. Slater "Highwayman" (rural England) - See all my reviews
Yet again the staff of the Daily Telegraph shoot themselves in the foot by publishing the side-splittingly funny sweepings from the cutting room floor. The actual letters page in the paper is nothing like as imaginative, insightful, witty and far ranging as the content of this book, gleaned as it was from the rejects pile.
A lovely book and proof, if proof were needed, that the newspaper-reading public are often wiser that the newspaper-writing professionals.
(and no.....I'm not featured in the book!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unpublished Gems, 15 Feb. 2012
J. R. Fowler (Greater London) - See all my reviews
Once again The Daily Telegraph has put together a book of sparkling gems to entertain anybody with even half a brain and with at least an ounce of discernment. This is the perfect book to have with you whilst waiting for a train, or on a train, or sitting nervously in the waiting- room of a dentist or a G.P. There's more wit and charm in this slim tome than in many far weightier ones. Just treat yourself and enjoy...

5.0 out of 5 stars An anticipated pleasure., 8 Nov. 2011
A Christmas treat or it would be if we had the will power to wait till 25/12. Our great fear is that the Telegraph will stop publishing this title.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 29 Dec. 2011
I bought this as a gift but couldn't resist having a read before wrapping it. Some of the letters are really funny. Comedy gold!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 2 Dec. 2012
Like the other titles in this series it is a great read. Small enough to tuck into a handbag to take to doctor/dentist/hospital waiting room!! Love to see peoples expressions when I laugh out loud. Also I tend to agree with so many of the letters!!! Wonder why?

5.0 out of 5 stars My case, 1 Dec. 2012
M D Willis (Stirling, Scotland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is really funny, not just because they used one of my unpublished letters. It had me laughing uncontrollably and my wife wondering what was going on. You can get through this is a couple of evenings but you want it to go on and on. I have passed the book onto my daughter but no doubt l will be dipping into this again. This is an annual collection so l have next year to look forward to.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Rest My Case, 20 Jan. 2012
Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph which are both amusing,funny and some are hilarious.
Its a feelgood book and removes any doom and gloom making you realise that there is still plenty of humour out there.
I did not find this book quite as good as the previous two but it is still worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars I Rest My Case, 7 Jan. 2012
I purchased these items as gifts for friends and family. I thoroughly enjoyed reading one of them before I wrapped and sent it and the feed back from the recipients has been soooo favourable! I believe this to be one of the most enjoyable presents to have been received by these friends and family.

4.0 out of 5 stars witty reading, 30 Jun. 2013
a wide collection of opinions as published in the paper. light and casual reading reading. well worthwhile and amusing. perfect for dipping into

I Rest My Case...: Unpublished Letters to The Daily Telegraph
I Rest My Case...: Unpublished Letters to The Daily Telegraph by Iain Hollingshead (Hardcover - 1 Oct. 2011)