5.0 out of 5 stars It's all in the mind
Any of us who play golf know it is all in the mind. Yes, there are skills and techniques which have to be learned but after that the mind takes over and you bring the same doubts, fears, problems and negativities to golf as you bring to the organisation of the rest of your life.
What Sieger does very well in this book is to analyse this aspect of the game and devise...
Published on 8 July 2010 by High Handicapper

3.0 out of 5 stars It works!
After reading the book and listening to the accompanying cd, I set out to play golf. I felt much calmer and definitely more focussed and had the best round of golf ever. However I think I need to spend a lot more time listening to the cd, as the third time I played I struggled to stay focussed for the whole round.

I recommend this book to any golfer who has...
Published on 23 Nov. 2011 by Jan from Wales

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for all golfers, 31 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Silent Mind Golf: How to Empty your Mind and Play Golf Instinctively (Hardcover)
I've had this book for some time and it's really helped my game. It's simple way of highlighting the mental game has been really beneficial to all aspects of my game from driving to putting. The writing style is easy to understand and easy to put into practice. Basically it's golf stripped down by taking the main focus away from technique and instead concentrating on the mental aspect of the game. And it works. For all golfers, I also recommend Ben Hogan's timeless classic "Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf".

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 21 Oct. 2010
This book is just what i needed. Isn't it so frustrating when, as soon as the slightest bit of pressure kicks in, your perfectly practiced shots become sloppy, misjudged and poor? This book now helps me cope under that pressure, no matter how big or small!
Only one problem, this guy has slightly gone under the radar and i think he needs to be shown to the world! He now has an official facebook fan page which i have joined and now i'm ready for youtube and twitter!! Can't wait!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I broke 90, 2 Nov. 2011
I have been hacking around mid nineties for years. Concentrating on rolling my wrists, perfecting the plane of my swing, worrying about my stance. I took Robin's advice, stopped thinking, looked at the target, focus on the ball and swing. Still not hitting the target but getting closer. The man is a genius of simplicity. I scored 89 on a par 71, miracle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blimey!, 11 Aug. 2010
J P. McHugh (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
I've been a very casual golf hacker for many a year and read many golf magazines, watched instructional DVDs, even had some lessons a few months back in a bid to improve my golf. I know the theory of what I'm supposed to be doing, it's just the application of that knowledge that's the problem! Up until I read this book, at every shot I would be thinking about adjusting something in the swing. I could almost forget what the whole point of the action was i.e. to hit the ball! This led to inconsistant golf.

This book has changed golf for me in such a short time. I started reading it Saturday, it's now Wednesday. In those few days, I have never hit as many enjoyable shots! I was sceptical about the book's claims but I have to say, my shots and striking of the ball has improved drastically since trying out the thought process described. I keep wondering if this is just a coincidence but I don't think so. The more it keeps working, the more confidence I get and hence, the shots keep getting better!

This book does not teach any golf swing technique. It is a book designed to train the mind. In my case, I had the swing theory in my head but in the end, I think I had too much theory and not enough trust in myself. Please don't expect you will be hitting perfect shots everytime. You won't. I'm still hitting a few thins/fats and misdirected shots, but the overall improvement has been impressive in a very short time.

The book came with a CD, which takes you through the 'silent mind' process (it made me chuckle at first as it's a bit 'look into my eyes'). The book recommends you practice the technique everyday. No problem, it involves sititng down and relaxing for 10 minutes!

It's not a hefty book but it says all it needs to. The message is quite simple.

This book has definately done something for me. It does seem a bit like magic! I was a sceptic but no more.

5.0 out of 5 stars an absolute "must read", 14 Jan. 2015
Peter Lawless "Nunco" (County Wicklow, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I love golf.. my better half says it relaxes me.. however before reading this amazing book, I didn't always have the best days.
in 20 days, following the free dowload i have averaged 5 strokes better on howdidido.
this book is an absolute must read for anyone who wants to improve and enjoy the king of games even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read and informative., 7 May 2015
As with all these mind coaching books they are derived from the same core idea, but explained differently. Similar to Zen Golf in many ways this has more modern references and analyses the greats from today's perspective. There are no quick fixes here but another good example of how attitude and mindset are so important.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound commonsense, 9 Jun. 2010
Henry Richardson "HARRY RICH" (Northwest England) - See all my reviews
Excellent book, well presented in a logical manner. If put into practice will make all the difference to your golf scores and enjoyment. Stop talking to yourself ie not moaning about past shots and worring about shot to be played yet and get on with the game. It is not too late to improve! Even at my advanced age*"@

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep it simple., 30 July 2013
Robert Bourne book a little deep to comprehend, needs the available discs I think. Cannot afford latter at this time.

Robin Sieger simpler to understand and no need for discs.

Both books great information but a long term experienced golfer, also well read on the subject of the need for an effective mental approach to any endeavour, I fear majority of players will be trapped in the excuse:- ''I only play for fun'' and will not bother to place enough importance or effort into this. It will be only the seasoned campaigners that will truly accept and appreciate this invaluable and very necessary info and then may take this on board.

I am planning an interactive forum on the above with the main theme being ''How to enjoy golf'' and have requested to include info contained in both above publications. Please consider guy's as that approach will help your cause I feel?

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good - let's see if it works, 8 Feb. 2014
A. Hill (Walsall, UK) - See all my reviews
The information and content of this book is similar to others I have read. I have the kindle edition and it talks about free downloads on his website which currently I haven't found. Apparently with the paper version a free CD is included. There are certain exercises throughout the book which must be practiced. The author makes it clear that nothing will happen unless you practice the meditations so don't expect any quick fixes. All I can say is that I am going to try it and see if it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO worth reading, you'll find a change immediately, 7 Dec. 2011
S. Catford "Sandy" (Canterbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This made a difference to my mental approach (and my game) from just reading a couple of chapters. As I continued to read it actually got simpler to get it work on the course. The cd is useful, with a short visualisation that cements the theory.
I've suffered all my adult golfing life from the usual malady of too many thoughts during the swing, and I can feel my head calming since I've started putting the ideas into practice.
One idea I found particularly refreshing was the avoidance of forced positive thought - the whole aim is to eradicate it, not stuff your head full of sugary mantras. Create the still space and allow the shot to happen.
It's not complicated, it's very down to earth, and realistic. Golf's tough enough without us putting our own obstacles in the way. Take away the excess thoughts and the obstacles disappear.
Very straightforward and very, very effective.

Silent Mind Golf: How to Empty your Mind and Play Golf Instinctively