5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly brilliant!
Published on 17 Nov 2009 by Carol M

3.0 out of 5 stars Am I alone in Thinking
BOOKM REVIEW
By John Sutton

Am I Alone in Thinking, compiled by Iain Hollingshead.

This is a small hard cover book some seven inches by four and three quarter inches running to 192 pages.
It is a compendium of letters written to the editor of the Daily Telegraph which, due mainly to lack of space or a particular topic having been...
Published on 29 Jun 2011 by Benghazi

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly brilliant!, 17 Nov 2009
This review is from: Am I Alone in Thinking... ?: Unpublished Letters to the Editor (Daily Telegraph) (Hardcover)
I am not a Daily Telegraph reader however I saw a piece about this book on BBC Breakfast and thought it looked quite interesting. It was utterly brilliant! The book includes letters which were not published by the paper, with some it is obvious why but it is also great that some of the others can now be shared with the Great British public. There is a lot of humour, common sense and wonderfully entertaining viewpoints. The book is well laid out and presented and it is easy to pick up and put down (although it is quite addictive). I would reccommend it to anyone who is interested in current and recent issues and I hope another will be published soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope I'm not alone in thinking that this is fantastic!, 18 Nov 2009
R. Wilkins - See all my reviews
All my Christmas shopping solved in one - lifesaver! Perfect to dip in and out of and each time found another gem letter to make me laugh. I may even write to the Telegraph myself to thank them so I get a feature in volume 2!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Present for Anyone Who Enjoys the Editors Letter Page, 13 Dec 2009
jn thompson "tiger tiger" (Leicester UK) - See all my reviews
The book was exactly as described, If you enjoy a few minutes each day reading through the Letters to the Editor page of any newspaper/magazine then you will enjoy the wit and humour displayed by contributors to this book. An easy read which provided laugh out loud moments as well as pause for thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars immensely readable, 9 Dec 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to be entertained..., 25 Jan 2010
"Am I alone in thinking?" is a collection of letters that were submitted but not published by the Telegraph and it certainly shows that the English sense of humour and wit is alive and kicking. Although I have my doubts about the guy who thinks he's in MI5 who keeps submitting some very bizarre letters..... If you like topical rants on a variety of subjects or are living away from home- this will definitely cheer you up!

5.0 out of 5 stars am I alone in thinking..., 6 April 2011
This is the most hilarious book I have ever read. The letters are most definitely not PC and show us what a wonderful sense of humour we British have if only we are allowed to express it without fear of instant reprisal from the PC camp. A laugh out loud on every page. If you want cheering up this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Am I alone in thinking...?, 3 Jan 2010
K. T. Sexton "nevik notxes" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
A very witty book.These are the letters that didn't make it to the Telegraph's letters' page but still capture the daily mood of sometimes lesser headline making news. If you are reading this book you will find yourself reading it out loud or to others so that they may share your enjoyment.So many talented letter-writers out there. There should be a second volume...please!Am I Alone in Thinking...?: Unpublished Letters to the Editor (Daily Telegraph)

5.0 out of 5 stars Am I alone in thinking?, 22 Dec 2009
A very jolly little book, would recommend it to anyone with a dry wit and good sense of humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOL, 1 Dec 2012
Another example of British humour at its best. It is reassuring to know there are many other people who share one's views and find humour in such ordinary things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book, 8 Jan 2011
Genius. The letters page of the Telegraph is timeless toilet reading, Second only to the obituaries page. Now it can be enjoyed without upsetting the OCD side of the family is neat book form. Best of this Christmases stocking fillers.

6.99