4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars
This is OK but it would have been good to have some illustrations as it is aimed at children.
Published 3 months ago by W. Osborne

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished
It was not what I expected and after sampling contents, I put it down unfinished. I will remove it from my library.
Published on 26 Nov 2012 by G. Hillier

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Sep 2014
W. Osborne (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Under the Weather: Stories About Climate Change (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Under the Weather, 12 Jan 2010
A. Loughrey (UK) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was full of beautifully written stories that highlighted the effects of climate change and what everybody can do to help. These stories do not ram helping the environment down your throat though. They are real stories aimed at children and young adults. As well, as being a good read if you don't have the time to read a complete novel, I would also highly recommend this book to teachers. Any of the stories could easily be used in a classroom as an introduction to topic work and are a brilliant stimulus for discussion and interactive work. I believe that more short story books on gritty topics like this are needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will primary teachers find this book useful?, 24 Jan 2010
Wendy North "Geo-primary" (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
Definitely the most useful and enjoyable of the books I've recently purchased on climate change. I can see lots of potential for using one or more of these stories as a starting point for further classroom enquiry. I'd be using it at the top of KS2 or in KS3 though (ages 10-14).

5.0 out of 5 stars Empowering stories, 19 Nov 2009
Andrew Plant (co durham) - See all my reviews
What great stories on their own account, but they also gave my nine year old a better understanding of climate change while also giving hope and empowering him. Some climate chaneg stuf fjust leaves kids with nightmares, this lead to discussion and some hope

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished, 26 Nov 2012
G. Hillier "breeze" (Dolgoch, Os) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Under the Weather (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Climate change stories, 26 Feb 2012
Parents in Touch - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is so much more that just fiction. However, not to belittle the vital messages contained in the stories, I hope children (and adults) will enjoy the excellent story telling from the wide range of contributors, including both new and established authors as well as take to heart the message. These are important issues and these stories are an excellent way of highlighting them and making them real - something that affects us all, not just far away lands and people. The stories have a global perspective and there are positive messages about how we can all help. Short stories are an excellent way to engage readers and reading one of these in the classroom would be an excellent way to introduce or round off studies on climate change.

Under the Weather: Stories About Climate Change
Under the Weather: Stories About Climate Change by Tony Bradman (Paperback - 1 Mar 2012)