5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfully illustrated version of a true story
This is the story of Mary Anning, the girl who discovered a dinosaur fossil near the town of Lyme Regis in Dorset. The illustrations are fantastic, with unusual detail and a dream-like quality that appeals to all ages.The book inspired my 7 yr old to go fossil hunting on our holiday in Lyme, and my 3 yr old liked the simple repetition and rhyming.
Published on 18 Jun 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars A tad disappointing but important for your daughter
I always find it's important to give my daughter good, successful role models based in reality and thought this book would tell the story of Mary Anning (who uncovered many important fossil discoveries in our own country) in a way my daughter would find interesting but fun. And, at 6, she did enjoy the book and it's retelling but I feel a little disappointed that the...
Published 18 months ago by Leone

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfully illustrated version of a true story, 18 Jun 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Stone Girl, Bone Girl (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for the young explorer, 4 Sep 2010
SJ Minchin "seismic si" (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stone Girl Bone Girl: The Story of Mary Anning of Lyme Regis (Paperback)
This book has history, meaning, and a good story close to home. My 6yr old daughter loved it as it was just as her interest for dinosaurs was intensifying, and we had recently returned from a fossil hunting trip to Lyme Regis. Good price & good quality illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Anning, 21 May 2011
Shared with Year 3 children whilst studying Rocks and Soils. They have been inspired by the story of Mary Anning as she was a child herself when she found the fossils. Now, my class are all fossil hunters! Lovely book with pretty illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 26 Mar 2014
My four year old granddaughter had just visited the Natural History Museum and seen dinosaurs etc so was fascinated by this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, 15 Mar 2014
It will be ideal for our 6 year old grandson who is fascinated by fossils and his younger brother who enjoyed a dig in york

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story., 13 Sep 2013
I knew about Mary Anning and was trying to find a way to teach my 4 and 5 year old about her. My 5 year old loves it. We are planning on visiting Lyme Regis and it was a great way to introduce this amazing woman to our children. I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars not keen on name calling, 12 April 2013
Despite the hurdle of the name calling (though lets face it, kids will do it, so it has to be dealt with, and Anholt handles it sensitively) this is another great Anholt insight. We love his stories in general, this one has inspired us to go fossil hunting

4.0 out of 5 stars good book!, 9 Nov 2012
Very nice book, informative, good story, beautifully illustrated, and good positive messages to children implicit in the story. It was fun to read with my seven year old daughter. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 6 Aug 2012
I have several versions of the Mary Anning story and I like this one as it gives lots of detail with some great illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Aug 2014
Great, as advertised.

Stone Girl Bone Girl: The Story of Mary Anning of Lyme Regis
Stone Girl Bone Girl: The Story of Mary Anning of Lyme Regis by Laurence Anholt (Paperback - 1 Oct 2006)
6.39