5.0 out of 5 stars A interesting book for young children., 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Playtime (Around the World) (Paperback)
We received this book this morning and immediately my three year old asked to read it. I was worried that she would not be interested in it as it has no story but as soon as we finished she asked for me to read it again.

The book is actually longer than I thought it was going to be. Each double page comprises of a photo of a child/ children playing and then the opposite page a couple of sentences about the picture. The wording is not inspirational, really it just tells you what the children are doing and where they are from. But my daughter liked that the children were named and was questioning "Which one is Linh?" etc. The photos are great and second read round, we spent more time discussing what we saw in the pictures such as the houses in the background. I also liked that there was a picture of a child on a swing from the UK. It was something familiar for my daughter that she could relate too.

I would recommend this book for anyone that wants to start their child thinking about the wider world we live in and certainly a great book for discussing with your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Dec 2012
This review is from: Playtime (Around the World) (Paperback)
Good simple book with lovely photographs. Would recommend for children under the age of four. Buy, buy, buy, buy, buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting stimulus for discussion with reception class - book looks and feels 'young' (stiff pages) but content is good and ph, 5 Nov 2014
This review is from: Playtime (Around the World) (Paperback)
Agree with other reviews. Interesting stimulus for discussion with reception class - book looks and feels 'young' (stiff pages) but content is good and photos are fab - prompted good discussion with articulate 4/5 year olds.

Playtime (Around the World)
Playtime (Around the World) by Kate Petty (Paperback - 1 Aug 2007)