5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
this is perfect for our pre-school it had clear simple story that the children could follow great for eyfs-uw /festivals
Published 19 months ago by mrs m

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and very basic; ideal for a very young child
Published on 2 Sep 2011 by TheatreFan

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and very basic; ideal for a very young child, 2 Sep 2011
This review is from: Sweet Dates to Eat: A Ramadan and Eid Story (Festival Time) (Paperback)
I bought this for my 6-year-old recently and found it to be far too short and far too basic for her age. There are only a handful of pages with a small amount of text on each and my daughter read it in no time and complained that it was over so quickly. I would've liked a bit more text. I think it would be ideal for a child of 4 or 5 as a very basic introduction to the subject. I've therefore put it away for another child of appropriate age.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 13 Dec 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, not great, very simple, 19 Oct 2012
I bought this book as an Eid present but when it arrived I found it was so simple and basic that I had to buy a couple of extra gifts as I felt embarrassed about giving such a simple book. It is pretty short and there is not much of a story to it. The illustrations are good but if I had been able to flick through this in a book shop rather than buying it online I probably wouldn't have purchased it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, 11 Oct 2011
Z. Aslam "Z" (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
There is an absolute dearth of books written for young muslim children, so I'm loathe to diss any book in that area. But this book is still distinctly average. Nothing majorly wrong with it. However it is suprisingly short. Also the story, about what happens in one muslim household during Eid, doesn't really engage. Neither does the artwork. Was read a couple of times, but unlikely to become a favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic buy, 28 Oct 2009
R. Abbassi "becky" (uk) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book for my six year old, having explained about ramadam over te years it was great for her to read this book herself. she loves it. excellent buy im really pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, 11 Jun 2014
Lovely book but just not enough story. It doesn't really explain what Eid is, just a few words. I bought this for my three year old grandson and it was OK but a bit disapointing with not a lot to talk about.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful resource, 4 Nov 2009
This is a very useful teaching resource, and is good as a way of finishing or summing up a lesson

Sweet Dates to Eat: A Ramadan and Eid Story (Festival Time)
Sweet Dates to Eat: A Ramadan and Eid Story (Festival Time) by Jonny Zucker (Paperback - 1 Sep 2005)
4.79