5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, subtle story
Published on 26 Jun 2009 by Mama Alex

1.0 out of 5 stars Harris finds his feet but looses our interest...
Superficially the pictures in this book are very impressive. But when sharing this with my 3 year old he lost interest totally because there were no ideas in the book that he could grasp and understand. The ideas about 'finding yourself' and relationships with elders are very touching but completely incomprehensible to what I presume is its target audience.
The...
Published on 2 Sep 2009 by Peta Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, subtle story, 26 Jun 2009
This review is from: Harris Finds His Feet (Paperback)
This is one of the loveliest books we've come across recently - the tale of a young hare who is introduced to his abilities to bounce and run, as well as to the wider world by his wise old grandfather. The layers of the story are significant but simply conveyed: about our relationships with our elders, the way they can introduce us to the world, the joys of exploration, and the roots of home that bring us bounding back again. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 5 Dec 2012
S. Mumford - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harris Finds His Feet (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book and ordered another copy to send a friend who lives abroad. It's a beautiful simple story and the end always makes me cry! I have 4 children, all of whom adore it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute gem of a book, 25 Jun 2011
This review is from: Harris Finds His Feet (Paperback)
Love, love, love this book. Stunning artwork and in my view extremely well written with a story that will appeal to kids and adults alike. My two-year-old loves it but I think he'll continue to get a lot out of it as he grows and the ideas behind the story become clearer to him. Can't recommend this one highly enough: for me it's on a par with Very Hungry Caterpillar as a classic of children's literature.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this!, 27 Oct 2010
This review is from: Harris Finds His Feet (Paperback)
My son adored this and has just given it to his grandad for his birthday. The pictures are gorgeous and the story - about relationships with extended family - is touching and meaningful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Harris finds his feet but looses our interest..., 2 Sep 2009
This review is from: Harris Finds His Feet (Paperback)
The pictures themselves have little in them to discuss or for a young child to spot, and certainly don't aid in telling the story.
A fairly disappointing book, I am pleased we only borrowed this from the library.

Harris Finds His Feet
Harris Finds His Feet by Catherine Rayner (Paperback - 1 Mar 2009)
4.79