5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book
this book is one of the best childrens books I have encountered. My son is a book lover and I spend many hours reading a variety of mediocre books but this was a real pleasure to read. It is both humourous and endearing - a top recommendation
Published on 3 Nov. 2009 by Ms. K. H. Sirl

Published 3 months ago by fergus

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book, 3 Nov. 2009
Ms. K. H. Sirl (uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining read and a lovely story., 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Paperback)
We (son and I) saw Meatloaf's wonderfully dramatic reading of The Lamb who came for Dinner on Bookaboo and knew we had to have it!

At first the wolf can't wait to eat the lamb, but eventually the wolfs desire to eat the lamb gives way to confusion once the lamb starts showing him affection and it's all very entertaining. Also the illustrations are so beautifully drawn and expressive that they practically tell the story by themselves.

We love the story of how the hungry wolf falls for the innocent little lamb and ends up wanting to care for it, rather than stick it in a hot pot. A favorite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 13 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Paperback)
Saw this book on bookaboo. it is such a nice story about a wolf who eventually chooses lentil soup over eating his lamb friend. Really nice

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 27 Dec. 2009
C.T. (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book, the pictures beautiful, the text well written and currently being used by Key Stage 1 Teachers all over to base a unit of work upon!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Paperback)
This is the 3rd one I have purchased because my grandchildren loved it so much and I have nieces and nephews who are now the correct age. I would predict age 3 to 8. It is a sweet story about a cold little lamb arriving at the door of a very hungry wolf about to eat vegetable stew through lack of meat. of course it is welcomed inside and the story unfolds predictably. With good wolfy voices and gentle little lamb utters i have kept my grandchildren spellbound on numerous occasions. they never tire of the tale as with most of Smallman's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 6 Jan. 2010
J. Joyce "JJ" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Paperback)
I have read this for our library storytime! Lovely book and illustrations. Love it soooooo much have bought it for my own collection!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lamb Who Came For Dinner, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Paperback)
One of the funniest young children's books I've read for a while. I think it would appeal to both boys and girls equally, and I have to admit I found it hilarious too, as an adult. I don't want to quote from it as it would spoil the dramatic effect when reading it! I observed it used in a lesson for Year 1/2 to great effect and was immediately inspired to buy two copies, one for my young niece, and one for me to add to my collection of children's books for use in school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 29 Dec. 2009
Emily (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Paperback)
Such an enjoyable book - the ultimate insult in our house (said by big brother to little brother) is: "you are just a hotpot"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing illustrations set the story & entertain children & adults, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Paperback)
Good story with a useful message, Great illustrations. Text well placed in relation to pictures & easy to read. A great book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a sweet book for a three year old-and great for older ..., 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Paperback)
Quite a sweet book for a three year old-and great for older kids-However the concept of being eaten by a wolf is a bit overplayed for this age group. Whenever she is scared of something- eg going downstairs by herself in the morning- it is because she does not want to be eaten by a wolf. I hadn't thought about the impact of the story on a child and have stopped reading it to her for now.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Lamb Who Came for Dinner
The Lamb Who Came for Dinner by Steve Smallman (Paperback - 1 Aug. 2007)