5.0 out of 5 stars Giggles guaranteed, 17 Feb 2002
We always enjoy David Bedford's books and this one is our favourite. My young daughter giggles non stop every time I read it to her and she loves spotting the flea on the last few pages (wish we could see more of him - or is the flea a her?!). The fun, colourful illustrations add to the lively story and shaggy dog is so scruffy and cute. A real winner and perfect for reading aloud.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent fun, 25 Sep 2003
Shaggy Dog has a problem,an itch that just won't go away. And we all know how annoying that can be! This story still makes my 3 year old son laugh three months on as he shouts "but the itch came back!" whenever Shaggy Dog thinks he's finally rid. Beautifully illustrated and nicely written this will keep kids entertained (and it makes me laugh too).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 July 2007
This review is from: Shaggy Dog and the Terrible Itch (Book & CD) (Paperback)
As a 2.5 year old she loved it. When she was 3 she adored it. Now she's 4 my daughter reads (tells) me the story! O.k. it helps that we own a shaggy dog too! The CD is very well produced, with two tracks; the second track with bells and less background noise and goings on, so the kids can read concentratedly and know when to turn the page.
Whenever she spys our dog having a scratch, she repeats the words of the book in the exact CD tone of the dog's voice "Oooooooooohhhh, that's much much better!). It's dead funny. Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, fun book, 20 Mar 2006
This book has really lovely illustrations and is a really funny story too. My 3.5 yr old daughter loves the flea and loves to shout 'but the itch came back' before we turn the page. The best bit is where the itch ends up!! I thoroughly enjoy reading it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love this!, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Shaggy Dog and the Terrible Itch (Book & CD) (Paperback)
I read this story to my class and I have to say they absolutely love it!

This is about a dog who has a terrible itch and whatever he does, he cannot get rid of it. He tries everything but it's no use. He asks people along the way to help him scratch it, they agree as long as he helps them in some way. Such as washing the dishes, sweeping hair from a salon floor and rounding up sheep. Each time the itch goes for a few moments but then comes back.

Eventually he finds someone who can help him and the itch is gone.

This is a fun story with many other dog characters in it. The children could work out what was going to happen next and they enjoyed joining in with the story.

I would recommend this story for primary KS1 children.

For this review and others please visit:

Mrsbbooks2011.blogspot.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaggy, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: Shaggy Dog and the Terrible Itch (Book & CD) (Paperback)
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read for both myself and my daughter. Not only are there large pages full of colourful images, but it also has a cd to listen to. Overall, an excellent purchase at a reasonable price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 19 May 2010
This review is from: Shaggy Dog and the Terrible Itch (Book & CD) (Paperback)
Was a great present for my 2 year old son. He absolutely loves it! Little Tiger Press did a great job indeed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever! Ohh Ohh Ohh OHHHH!!!, 13 April 2010
Shaggy Dog is the best book ever. This is the 2nd copy I have bought as my son loves it so much the other ended up in pieces.

He was about 8 months when we got the first copy and now he's 21 months he knows exactly what happens next and joins in.

The story is fun and simple and quite repetitive throughout which makes it easy for child listeners to join in. I find its best if Shaggy dog has a Barnsley accent!

A must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 11 Oct 2007
This review is from: Shaggy Dog and the Terrible Itch (Book & CD) (Paperback)
This a lovely book and a lovely cd. My 3 year niece loves it. She just got her hands on an old cd player, so she's thrilled to have a story cd of her own. A great success!

Shaggy Dog and the Terrible Itch (Book & CD)
Shaggy Dog and the Terrible Itch (Book & CD) by Gwyneth Williamson (Paperback - 1 May 2005)
6.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available